[comp.sys.amiga] The sleepy cloud

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (02/10/90)

In article <11391@attctc.Dallas.TX.US> fischer@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Bill Fischer) writes:
>Hello....  I've posted this message before, but haven't seen it show up
>at any node different from the one where I posted it...  Perhaps that
>node isn't putting things on the net, I dunno...  Anyhow, I'm
>looking for someone who knows how to change the default *WB* busy pointer
>from those silly little zzz's to something else...  I know it can be done
>as I've seen a PD program that will change it to the word 'BUSY'. The
>author of that program alluded to making the pointer user definable in a
>subsequent release, but that never happened, as far as I know. Besides,
>I'd rather learn how to do it myself.    I've looked in SysBase and some other
>structures, but no where can I find the pointer to the BUSY image....
>Anyone have any ideas???
>
>Regards  B F

Darn this looks like a familiar question!  It's the same question I asked
myself some time ago...
There's a nice looking structure in WorkbenchBase.h that had me going for
awhile, until I couldn't really find the actual instance of this elusive
library... :)

So I decided to rewrite workbench -- being the idiot, beginner programmer that
I was -- I figured it couldn't be too hard... [heh, heh]
And then Pete&Peter IPC messages became available [for free -- unlike some
other better known message types]
...and then I had the whole summer free...  And now we all have Jazzbench...
And now I don't have a hard drive controller to read my hard disk...  So we
have a BUGGY Jazzbench, sigh...  Oh well.

I guess what I'm saying is that *I* for one want to hear the answer to this
one.

David Navas
navas@cory.berkeley.edu