[comp.sys.amiga] Want to sell loaded 3b1

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (02/09/90)

I have:

AT&T 3b1 (aka Unix-Pc, aka Convergent Technologies Safari 4):
  68010, 65Mb hard drive, 5.25 floppy, 720x250 monochrome monitor,
  2Mb RAM, internal 300/1200 bps modem, serial port, parallel printer
  port, 3 button-mouse, 130+ key keyboard.  3 slots for cards.
  (Two of which are occupied by the items below.)

VoicePower Card -- 8bit d/a, audio in/out jacks, also will latch into
  internal phone system of the 3b1.  Can be used as a 3b1-based answering
  machine, voice-mail, or automated calling system. (And it's neato! :-)

EIA/RAM Combo Card -- 1.5Mb RAM (for a system total of 3.5 Mb) and
  2 serial ports (for a system total of three) on a card.

Software & other goodies:
 -- UNIX V.3, Development Kit, Virtual Device Interface Dev Kit.
	features: loadable device drivers, shared libraries, device
	independent graphics.

 -- Pascal Compiler

 -- AT&T Technical Manual for the 3b1. (Hardware manual with lots
	of goodies, usually costs $100 or so, lists for MUCH more.)

 -- Smart System -- integrated word processing, spreadsheet,
	telecommunications, database managment and time/calendar scheduling.

 -- HDB UUCP, AT&T Rogue  (And some neato developer's stuff that I got
	while working for/as a VAR.)

 -- Misc PD software: GNU gcc, usenet, elm, NetHack, all of AT&T's
	freely distributed stuff for the 3b1.  A whole bunch of floppies
	worth of stuff (including games).

I figure the 3b1 itself is worth around $1300-1500, the Voice Power
card is worth $350-400, the EIA/RAM card I've seen go for $800-1000.

That puts the price range at (US$) 2450 - 2900.  I'd like to
get 2700 for the whole shooting match (or best offer if more than
one person wants to buy it).

   -or-

trade for an Amiga 500 (with goodies or cash) or 2000, depending on what
sort of peripherals and hardware you have.

I really don't want to piecemeal the cards and the unit.  If I keep
any of it, I want to keep all of it.  I will piece it out if I can
find guaranteed buyers for *all* of it.

work email: jet@karazm.math.uh.edu
work phone: (713) 749-2120, as for eric townsend.
--
J. Eric Townsend
University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics (713) 749-2120

kls@ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) (02/09/90)

In article <1990Feb9.005244.17180@lavaca.uh.edu> jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) writes:
>the EIA/RAM card I've seen go for $800-1000.

There's a sucker born every minute, according to P.T. Barnum.
But unless you find one, you'll be lucky to get half that --
Discovery Electronics currently sells a combo board with 0.5
MB for $449 (new), and another $50 or so will buy you the RAM
to flesh that out to the full 1.5 megabytes.

--
Karl Swartz			 |UUCP	uunet!apple!zygot!ditka!kls
1-408/223-1308			 |INet	zygot!ditka!kls@apple.com

jet@flatline.UUCP (It's "Mr. Boyo" to you Dylan) (02/10/90)

In article <20497@ditka.UUCP> kls@ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) writes:
>In article <1990Feb9.005244.17180@lavaca.uh.edu> jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) writes:
>>the EIA/RAM card I've seen go for $800-1000.
>Discovery Electronics currently sells a combo board with 0.5
>MB for $449 (new), and another $50 or so will buy you the RAM

Okedoke.  So knock $500 off the price...  I'm not completely fixed
in my prices, especially if the going list price is lower than what
my stuff was worth last time I checked...

--
"..just because [South Africans] won't adopt an idiotic 'one person
-- one vote' scheme of government... "  -- Pat Buchanan, Great American