[comp.sys.amiga] Express paint

Jim.Priestle@afitamy.fidonet.org (Jim Priestle) (02/10/90)

I see an ad stating that express paint print in POSTSCRIPT.  Can anyone
explain how it can do this to me.  thanks  -jim-

-"That reminds me of something, but I can't remember what." a data entry
person at work.

Jim Priestle - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
UUCP: uunet!dayvb!afitamy!Jim.Priestle
ARPA: Jim.Priestle@afitamy.fidonet.org
         //     Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway
    \ //     Dayton Ohio  (513)-252-7681
     \X/               1:110/300

bevis@EE.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Jeff Bevis) (02/12/90)

In article <80.25D58652@afitamy.fidonet.org>, Jim.Priestle@afitamy.fidonet.org (Jim Priestle) writes:
>I see an ad stating that express paint print in POSTSCRIPT.  Can anyone
>explain how it can do this to me.  thanks  -jim-
	 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why would *you* want to be printed in postscript?  :-)  Seriously, there
are several ways to print images under postscript, none the least of which
is by using a bitmapped (greyscale or color!) image and directly dumping it
to the printer with the appropriate program code... it's all supported by
the language definition.  Another way is to try to recognize edges and create
lines which describe the image approximately... bleah.. too much work for
me!

For more info, get a hold of the Adobe Systems Postscript Language Reference
Manual... it tells all.

Jeff Bevis		     Purdue Univeristy School of Electrical Engineering
bevis@en.ecn.purdue.edu	  	   	       Give me Amiga or nothing at all.
Actually, I never liked spam.  Spam, spam, spam, sausage, bacon and spam...