[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 5.04 and LSE

bdo8650@cec1.wustl.edu (Bryan Dennis O'Connor) (02/09/90)

	I just ordered Lattice 5.04 from Creative Computers, and while I
am waiting for it to arrive (it should be here Tuesday), I was wondering
if someone could give me some insight on the editor, LSE.

	I am too hopeful to wish for a nice integrated editing/compiling
enviroment a la every IBM Pascal or C package?  Is it really a functional
editor, or will it pale in comparison to TXED Plus (my current favorite).

	Also.  What else does Lattice come with, I have heard that it
contains the 'compiler companion'.  But I am unsure what the means.
Don't get me wrong, I put lots of consideration into which package
to buy (Lattice/Manx) judged on the compilers, not the supporting
programs.

	Any help would be appreciated.  Any generic tips on the operation
of the compiler itself would be nice too... (or CodePRobe)..

Thanks...

Bryan O'Connor        |  ARPA:   bdo8650@cec2.wustl.edu | ********************
Washington University |  USENET: wucs1!cec2!bdo8650     | *UNDER CONSTRUCTION*
Saint Louis, MO       |                                 | ********************

new@udel.edu (Darren New) (02/10/90)

In article <1990Feb8.233832.12352@cec1.wustl.edu> bdo8650@cec2.wustl.edu (Bryan Dennis O'Connor) writes:
>	Also.  What else does Lattice come with, I have heard that it
>contains the 'compiler companion'.  But I am unsure what the means.

LC5.04 comes with the compiler, LSE, and codeprobe.
It also comes with some utilities like find, grep, "batch" and "extract"
(giving you similar stuff but more powerful that list lformat),
CXRef, diff, lmk (make), profiler, touch, wc, and "splat" (grep w/ replace).
There are many libraries for math and such and there is the GREP library
similar to but more powerful than the UNIX regexp library (take unix or
ados style wildcards).

CodeProbe is great. It also has a Rexx port, allowing things like
"single step until I've created any file in temp:" and lots of wack-like stuff.

BLink supports normal linking, creating resident programs, creating programs
that automatically detatch from the CLI, creating programs that catch
GURUs and write snapshots for later traceback-debugging (a la unix "core"
files), and comibnations of these. It also supports fairly easy
creation of shared libraries (which I have not tried, but it looks
quite easy).

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (02/12/90)

>Item: 4747 by *Masked* at cec1.wustl.edu
>  Subj: Lattice 5.04 and LSE
>  Keyw:
>  Date: Sun Feb 11 1990 01:21
>	I just ordered Lattice 5.04 from Creative Computers, and while I
>am waiting for it to arrive (it should be here Tuesday), I was wondering
>if someone could give me some insight on the editor, LSE.

LSE is a nice editor overall.  It is 100% customizable in all respects, (but
without a language like Uedit) as far as keys go.

It will allow for an integrated env like QuickC and so on ..

You'll like it!

Everything I say is Copr.  1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568