[comp.sys.amiga] 25-line VT100

acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (02/13/90)

In article <2086@psuhcx.psu.edu> vmr@psuhcx.psu.edu (Victor M. Ricker) writes:
>Say, is there a way to get vt100 v2.9 to use a 25 line screen without
>interlace?  24 lines is fine for Unix but on PSU's VM/CMS machines I
>need 25 lines.  This is the only thing keeping me from switching..  I
>really would like to be able to use ARexx... But I'll have to stick
>with v2.8 till I can figure out how to get 25 lines..

Only way I know of is to do one of the following:

   1) MoreRows your machine so you can get 25 rows of text in addition to
      a titlebar (requires about 210 pixels in non-interlace),
   2) use a custom screen with INTERLACE and only request 25 lines,
   3) use smaller than 8 pixels in height.

I can't remember if it was in 2.8 or not but one of those releases forgot,
when using SCREEN CUSTOM, to set up the window so that you could drag the
window down a few pixels to expose the screen's front/back gadgets allowing
you to click the screen to the front or back.  This was "fixed" in 2.9 to
the dismay of some users (they use screen cyclers so don't need access to
the screen's gadgets) since it robbed them of usable pixels.  I'm working
on a way to keep everyone happy and, with luck, it'll be included in the
next *full* release of VT100 which will, most likely, be called 2.10.

--
Tony Sumrall   author of VT100 2.9 (and 2.8a and 2.8 and...)
acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com <=> amdahl!pccuts!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]