[comp.sys.amiga] ECS and 1.4

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (02/13/90)

In article <2972@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US> caw@jolnet.UUCP (Chris Wichura) writes:

>Will Intuition be modified in 1.4 to check a Preferences setting for
>availability of MultiSync and if the flag says no substitue a comperable
>interlace screen?

From what I've heard, 1.4 has major changes to Preferences, including the
answer to this question.  Properly written programs will not assume that
a given screen resolution is available - they will ask the OS for a list
of supported screens and choose one.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms