[comp.sys.amiga] A1000 Trade-In Offer

kjohn@richp1.UUCP (John K. Counsulatant) (08/09/88)

> I need a tradein program!!!  I couldnt do it then, but I can do it now!
> Commodore PLEASE!!!!!!!
>

> -mark=
> My Amiga multitasks, what about yours?

	Mark E-Mailed this to me, oops I guess I should have been more
	specific, PLEASE POST YOUR A1000 ==> B2000 TRADE-IN PLEADS TO THE
	NET WHERE COMMODORE CAN SEE THEM ..........  Although I like to see
	them, I am in the same boat (or is that ship :-) you are.

	I'm not picking on Mark, but just want to make sure CA gets plenty
	o'trade-in pleads :-).

	I have been seeing a lot of "I wish someone would make a !$#@#$ so
	my 1000 could use the !@$!@$ "for"/"just like" the 2000" postings
	lately.  What a better way to use 2000 hardware than to trade in
	your 1000 for a 2000 (CA willing :-) :-).

						KJohn

P.S.
	I will be posting that list of available PD software RSN......

I can be reached at:

RealTime (prefered):  1(312)418-1236  (6pm to 10:30pm central time)

USmail:               John Kjellman
                      17302 Park Ave.
                      Lansing IL 60438

E-Mail:                kjohn@richp1.UUCP

--
| Amiga ///    | Being a consultant, none of my opions represent anything real |
|  Man /// 500 | or imaginary, except maybe my own opions, but then again .... |
|  \\\/// 1000 +---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   \XX/  2000 | "I didn't do it, it must be a bug in the operating system."   |

peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) (08/09/88)

In article <352@richp1.UUCP>, kjohn@richp1.UUCP (John K. Counsulatant) writes:
> PLEASE POST YOUR A1000 ==> B2000 TRADE-IN PLEADS TO THE
> NET WHERE COMMODORE CAN SEE THEM ..........

Please don't. Mail them to Commodore. I think there are a couple of sales
types on the net.

I would probably be able to take advantage of a trade-up should Coommodore
offer one around Christmas after royalties from Tracers start coming in. But
I really don't expect them to... I was quite surprised at how long they kept
the old offer running.
--
		Peter da Silva  `-_-'  peter@sugar.uu.net
		 Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (08/10/88)

In article <352@richp1.UUCP> kjohn@richp1.UUCP (John Scott Kjellman (consultant)) writes:
)>
)> I need a tradein program!!!  I couldnt do it then, but I can do it now!
)> Commodore PLEASE!!!!!!!
)>
)	Mark E-Mailed this to me, oops I guess I should have been more
)	specific, PLEASE POST YOUR A1000 ==> B2000 TRADE-IN PLEADS TO THE
)	NET WHERE COMMODORE CAN SEE THEM ..........  Although I like to see
)	them, I am in the same boat (or is that ship :-) you are.

Guess what, KJ, nobody at CBM who needs education on this point reads the
net!  So let's not clutter the bandwidth with this stuff.

If anyone wants to contact CBM regarding suggestions, mail 'em in to
West Chester.  Maybe someone in CATS can designate a sucker for
you to send your pleas to the attention of.

)	I'm not picking on Mark, but just want to make sure CA gets plenty
)	o'trade-in pleads :-).

But we don't all want to share them, now, do we?

)						KJohn

Maybe it would just be better if people sent all their Commodore
policy suggestions to:

)RealTime (prefered):  1(312)418-1236  (6pm to 10:30pm central time)
)
)USmail:               John Kjellman
)                      17302 Park Ave.
)                      Lansing IL 60438
)
)E-Mail:                kjohn@richp1.UUCP

	jimm
--
	Jim Mackraz, I and I Computing
	amiga!jimm	BIX:jmackraz

schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeffrey M. Schweiger) (02/08/90)

The following was posted on CompuServe by Commodore and is reposted here with
permission:

    COMMODORE ANNOUNCES LOW-COST
        AMIGA UPGRADE OFFER

WEST CHESTER, Pa. -February 5, 1990- Commodore Business Machines, Inc. Vice
President of Marketing Lloyd Mahaffey today announced the introduction of a new
Amiga upgrade program offering A1000 owners the opportunity to upgrade to any
A2000 series machine at a substantially-reduced cost.

The offer, which runs now through March 31, 1990, was developed to encourage the
large base of Amiga 1000 owners to upgrade to higher- performance Amiga 2000
series machines which are designed to take advantage of future product
improvements and software offerings.

Mahaffey said the upgrade program requires A1000 owners to return their machines
to a local dealer where they can purchase an A2000 machine for as little as
$999.00* -- a discount of approximately 50% over standard retail price.

*Valid at participating dealers only; taxes not included.

"Amiga 1000 owners are among the most dedicated ppersonal computer users,"
Mahaffey said. "We developed the offer in part to energize this important base.
It is also part of a much broader strategy to establish a more dominant position
for the Amiga in an industry which is finally beginning to catch up with the
machine's superior capabilities."

Commodore shipped the Amiga 1000, the first to be introduced in the U. S., in
September 1985. In addition to it's revolutionary graphics, sound and video
capabilities, the A1000 pioneered the multimedia computer market.

Commodore launched the A2000 series in August 1987 providing the market with
expanded capabilities based on advanced technology. The most recent addition to
the line was the Amiga 2500/30 introduced in November 1989.

Commodore Business Machines, Inc., based in West Chester, Pa., manufactures and
markets a complete line of computers and peripherals for the business,
education, government and consumer markets.

The multi-tasking Amiga line includes the Commodore Amiga 500 (TM), the
Commodore Amiga 2000 (TM) and three enhanced products: The Commodore Amiga
2000HD (TM), the Commodore Amiga 2500 (TM) and the Commodore Amiga 2500/30 (TM).
Commodore's line of MS-DOS (R) compatible computers includes the Colt (TM) and
Professional Series III (TM).

       AMIGA UPGRADE PRICING

Amiga 1000 owners can upgrade to the following Amiga 2000 series machines for
the prices indicated:

Machine                 Price

Amiga 2000         $999.00 + trade-in

Amiga 2000HD       $1599.00 + trade-in

Amiga 2500         $2999.00 + trade-in

Jeff Schweiger	  CompuServe:  74236,1645	Standard Disclaimer
ARPAnet (Defense Data Network):		        schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil

sjm@sun.acs.udel.edu (Steve Morris) (02/08/90)

In article <869@cs.nps.navy.mil> schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeffrey M. Schweiger) writes:
>The following was posted on CompuServe by Commodore and is reposted here with
>permission:
>    COMMODORE ANNOUNCES LOW-COST
>        AMIGA UPGRADE OFFER
[intro deleted]>
>The offer, which runs now through March 31, 1990, was developed to encourage the
>large base of Amiga 1000 owners to upgrade to higher- performance Amiga 2000
>series machines which are designed to take advantage of future product
                                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>improvements and software offerings.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^     ^^^^^^^^

I don't know why they just don't come out and say it. I would suspect
that "product inprovements" = ECS and "software offerings" = WB/KS 1.4
and beyond.

Sure 3rd parties can and will most likely come up with ways to make
these improvements work on a 1000, but CBM can't continue to put
resources into the 1000 and advance the Amiga line as a whole.

Steve

hargitai@acf5.NYU.EDU (02/09/90)

What is CBM going to do with the A1000 trade-ins?

sjm@sun.acs.udel.edu (Steve Morris) (02/09/90)

In article <4680001@acf5.NYU.EDU> hargitai@acf5.NYU.EDU writes:
>What is CBM going to do with the A1000 trade-ins?

Well the dealers only have to send the keyboards back to CBM in order to
get their money. After that it is up to the dealer what they want to do
with the CPU. Most likely they will save them for repair parts when
other 1000s come in for fixup. The keyboards, well I would sure love to
be able to go through the dumpsters in West Chester after March 31st.

Steve
sjm@udel.edu

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (02/13/90)

This is being reposted without a "Distribution: usa" this time so that our
friends in Canada, England, Germany, etc. are aware that this trade-in
exists.  I saw too many postings where people outside the US were not told
of such a trade-in for their A1000s.  As to whether Commodore International
is participating in such an offer in your country, I guess you'll have to
ask your local dealer.

In article <869@cs.nps.navy.mil> schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeffrey M. Schweiger) writes:
>The following was posted on CompuServe by Commodore and is reposted here with
>permission:

    COMMODORE ANNOUNCES LOW-COST
        AMIGA UPGRADE OFFER

WEST CHESTER, Pa. -February 5, 1990- Commodore Business Machines, Inc. Vice
President of Marketing Lloyd Mahaffey today announced the introduction of a new
Amiga upgrade program offering A1000 owners the opportunity to upgrade to any
A2000 series machine at a substantially-reduced cost.

The offer, which runs now through March 31, 1990, was developed to encourage the
large base of Amiga 1000 owners to upgrade to higher- performance Amiga 2000
series machines which are designed to take advantage of future product
improvements and software offerings.

Mahaffey said the upgrade program requires A1000 owners to return their machines
to a local dealer where they can purchase an A2000 machine for as little as
$999.00* -- a discount of approximately 50% over standard retail price.

*Valid at participating dealers only; taxes not included.

"Amiga 1000 owners are among the most dedicated ppersonal computer users,"
Mahaffey said. "We developed the offer in part to energize this important base.
It is also part of a much broader strategy to establish a more dominant position
for the Amiga in an industry which is finally beginning to catch up with the
machine's superior capabilities."

Commodore shipped the Amiga 1000, the first to be introduced in the U. S., in
September 1985. In addition to it's revolutionary graphics, sound and video
capabilities, the A1000 pioneered the multimedia computer market.

Commodore launched the A2000 series in August 1987 providing the market with
expanded capabilities based on advanced technology. The most recent addition to
the line was the Amiga 2500/30 introduced in November 1989.

Commodore Business Machines, Inc., based in West Chester, Pa., manufactures and
markets a complete line of computers and peripherals for the business,
education, government and consumer markets.

The multi-tasking Amiga line includes the Commodore Amiga 500 (TM), the
Commodore Amiga 2000 (TM) and three enhanced products: The Commodore Amiga
2000HD (TM), the Commodore Amiga 2500 (TM) and the Commodore Amiga 2500/30 (TM).
Commodore's line of MS-DOS (R) compatible computers includes the Colt (TM) and
Professional Series III (TM).

       AMIGA UPGRADE PRICING

Amiga 1000 owners can upgrade to the following Amiga 2000 series machines for
the prices indicated:

Machine                 Price

Amiga 2000         $999.00 + trade-in

Amiga 2000HD       $1599.00 + trade-in

Amiga 2500         $2999.00 + trade-in

Jeff Schweiger	  CompuServe:  74236,1645	Standard Disclaimer
ARPAnet (Defense Data Network):		        schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil

Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
PO Box 49019, MS-C41    | PDP-10 support: My car's license plate is "POPJ P,"
San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | humorous dislaimer: "My Amiga speaks for me."