[comp.sys.amiga] Ed Discount on Brodgeboard?

don@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Donald R Lloyd) (02/11/90)

     Since it's been established that the educational discount can be
applied to non-system-bundle-type hardware, I'm looking around for a
bridgeboard (probably XT unless I can find a _very_ inexpensive AT board).
I figured that, since the ed prices are direct from CBM, I could buy it from
my local (overpriced) ComputerLand.  They tell me the price after ed. discount
is $449... but I could've sworn CBM's _list_ price was only around
$499... and $449 is certainly no 38% off of that....
	Anybody have any idea what I _should_ be paying, and where I can get
one at a decent price?

Thanks,

--
  Gibberish             .sig for sale or lease.
  is spoken             Contact don@vax1.acs.udel.edu for more information.

bjc@smunews.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (02/14/90)

In article <5700@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> don@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Donald R Lloyd) writes:

>my local (overpriced) ComputerLand.  They tell me the price after ed. discount
>is $449... but I could've sworn CBM's _list_ price was only around
>$499... and $449 is certainly no 38% off of that....
>	Anybody have any idea what I _should_ be paying, and where I can get

There has been quite a discussion of the XT Bridgeboard price on CompuServe lately.  I mention it here only because one of the participants has told of a
company in NYC (J&R Music) that sells them for $399, and another has access
to a small supply of the boards which he can sell for $375 each if he can
find ten people who want them.  If these prices appeal to you, you might
get in touch with me through CompuServe's InterNet gateway, and I will
put you in touch with these people - through the same system.  Address mail
to me with the address:  767032.337@compuserve.com

Betty

Betty Clay
    76702.337@compuserve.com