[comp.sys.amiga] Manx update: some answers and a question.

arxt@tank.uchicago.edu (patrick palmer) (02/13/90)

I received a postcard from Manx today which advertised the update to
5.0.  So, they do send update notices.

Since there have been some questions, I will quote the statment on the
card: "The standard update fee is $75. You get Aztec C 5.0 plus
updates to SDB, UniTools, & Library Source if you are liscensed for
them."   Special add-on offers: SDB $30, UniTools $20, Both $40.

Now a question: what is in UniTools?

Pat Palmer (email: reply or ppalmer@oddjob.uchicago.edu)

mikes@lakesys.lakesys.com (Mike Shawaluk) (02/13/90)

In article <7611@tank.uchicago.edu> arxt@tank.uchicago.edu (patrick  palmer) writes:
>them."   Special add-on offers: SDB $30, UniTools $20, Both $40.
>
>Now a question: what is in UniTools?

That would be the difference between the Professional and the Developers
package (I can never remember which was the more expensive one...), which is
the make, grep, diff, and Z (a.k.a. vi) editor.  For me, the "make" was worth
the $20 alone (I originally bought the cheaper package, and later upgraded to
SDB.)
--
   - Mike Shawaluk
"Rarely have we seen a mailer  ->  DOMAIN: mikes@lakesys.lakesys.com

gerry@pencilbox.uucp (Gerry Lachac) (02/14/90)

In article <7611@tank.uchicago.edu> arxt@tank.uchicago.edu (patrick  palmer) writes:

>Now a question: what is in UniTools?

UniTools is what Manx now calls its suite of UNIX-like tools i.e.
make, grep, diff, and z (vi).

uunet!dialogic!gerry   | "Even a dead plant turns  |	Dialogic Corporation
	OR	       |  over a new leaf 	   |	300 Littleton Rd
gerry@dialogic.UUCP    |  when the wind blows."	   |	Parsippany, NJ 07054