[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga needs a good music score

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (02/12/90)

     Latest word on the grapevine about DMCS is that future development is
DEAD.  EA supposedly said, to paraphrase them, "We are no longer working
with Geoff Brown.  Anyways, DMCS never went over very well."
      Never went over very well?  Who are they kidding?
Looks like the Amiga is looking less and less important to EA, relative to
MS-DOS and Mac development.

music@batman.moravian.EDU (music) (02/13/90)

I'm close to buying an A2000 with the primary purpose of using it as
serious _music (score) composing machine_, but from what I see here
there isn't much out there that's good for the Amiga. I had hoped that
there was a program equal to the _better_ Mac composer softwares,
preferably PostScript or other Apple LazerWriter II compatible file
format. Am I barking up the proverbial tree? (Don't get me wrong...I
WANT an Amiga, but I WANT it to have good music scoring 'wares.)

Please reply via e-mail (until I'm able to catch up with posted news).

barrett@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dan Barrett) (02/13/90)

In article <111400104@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>     Latest word on the grapevine about DMCS is that future development is
>DEAD.  EA supposedly said, to paraphrase them, "We are no longer working
>with Geoff Brown.  Anyways, DMCS never went over very well."
>      Never went over very well?  Who are they kidding?

	I wouldn't be surprised if this is the truth.  DMCS is the worst
music-scoring program I have ever used on a personal computer, and its
MIDI implementation is minimal at best.

                                                        Dan

 //////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
| Dan Barrett, Department of Computer Science      Johns Hopkins University |
| INTERNET:   barrett@cs.jhu.edu           |                                |
| COMPUSERVE: >internet:barrett@cs.jhu.edu | UUCP:   barrett@jhunix.UUCP    |
 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////////////////////////////////

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (02/14/90)

In article <111400104@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>, jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>      Latest word on the grapevine about DMCS is that future development is
> DEAD.  EA supposedly said, to paraphrase them, "We are no longer working
> with Geoff Brown.  Anyways, DMCS never went over very well."

I think I posted this same response about two weeks ago but maybe it never
made it out to the public.

On the GEnie network Electronic Arts is activily seeking input from users on
what they want to be changed/added to a new release of DMCS. It seems like they
have been getting good responses and it hardly sounds like they aren't
planning on future development.

--
"Could we be the bellwether  | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
 of major societal shifts?"  | DLA Systems Automation Center - Columbus,Oh