[comp.sys.amiga] Why choose the A2058??

In <9002131936.AA00311@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, jwhitman@STL-06SIMA.ARMY.MIL (Jerry Whitman) writes:
>Could someone please explain to me what advantage there is in the A2058
>Memory expansion board that makes it cost so much more than other RAM
>expansion boards?
>
>Even with the current educational discount it is still about $150.00
>more than other boards with the same 2MB of RAM.

The 2058 is an 8 meg board. To expand to a full 8 megs requires only that you
add chips. The other boards you have seen may have been 2 meg boards only.

-larry

--
Gallium Arsenide is the technology of the future;
  always has been, always will be.

jwhitman@STL-06SIMA.ARMY.MIL (Jerry Whitman) (02/14/90)

Could someone please explain to me what advantage there is in the A2058
Memory expansion board that makes it cost so much more than other RAM
expansion boards?

Even with the current educational discount it is still about $150.00
more than other boards with the same 2MB of RAM.

Is this a valid observation or am I missing something important?

Since I am considering a memory upgrade for my 2000HD I am looking
forward to any information or hints or even "Stay away from xxx"
that you may have to offer.

Thanks again.

Jerry Whitman, keeper of the FishXref and FishCon.