[comp.sys.amiga] Special A2000HD packages

joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) (02/13/90)

I guess C-A is offerring some special package prices on loaded 2000HD's.
One, aimed at the professional musician, offers a MIDI device and several
music-related programs.  Another provides a bridgeboard and Word Perfect.

So -- anyone have any *real* details?  As in, are these limited to a specific
audience?  I take it these prices are just package prices -- they give you
a small discount?  Or are they making the value of a 2000HD suddenly a lot
higher by throwing some toys in "for free" (possibly to specific buyers only)?

We need the hard facts (perferrably emailed...)

-Joe
--
UUCP: rutgers!dayton!joe   (Picts 1-16 are   DHDSC - Joe Larson/MIS 1060
ATT : (612) 375-3537       now ready.)       700 on the Mall, Mpls, Mn. 55402

sjm@sun.acs.udel.edu (Steve Morris) (02/14/90)

In article <7233@dayton.UUCP> joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) writes:

>I guess C-A is offerring some special package prices on loaded 2000HD's.
>One, aimed at the professional musician, offers a MIDI device and several
>music-related programs.  Another provides a bridgeboard and Word Perfect.
>
>So -- anyone have any *real* details?  As in, are these limited to a specific
>audience?  I take it these prices are just package prices -- they give you
>a small discount?  Or are they making the value of a 2000HD suddenly a lot
>higher by throwing some toys in "for free" (possibly to specific buyers only)?

The dealer here in DE said (before the official info was released)
that C= is giving the dealers a real good deal on the packages
which allows the dealer to price it how they want.

What do you mean by "specific" audience? If you have the money for the
system, you can buy it. It is not like the educational policy.
ie. no need to prove that you are a musician, to get the package.

Steve Morris
sjm@udel.edu