[comp.sys.amiga] Video Transputer

wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) (02/06/90)

In message <1350@crash.cts.com> seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham)
writes:

> To answer part of your final question...there are THREE (3) ways to get higher
> resolution and/or more color out of an Amiga:
>
>                 1. Digital Animation Creation's video transputer board
>                    is available...
>                 2. The Mimetics FrameBuffer/Capture board is available...
>                 3. And the VD-1 from Impulse is available...
>
> ImageLink from Active circuits is available, though it isn't in it's final
> form yet (last I heard)...
>
> Sean Cunningham

The Digital Animation transputer is the same as the SANG Transputer Board
(don't know why it isn't sold in the US under its "real" name). That
means, no (absolutely NO) software uses it. Bazbo Soft and Impulse
denied that they're working on conversions of Photon Paint and Turbo
Silver.

The Frambuffer sounds interesting. It's sold in Germany for 3000 mark. But
can I get the pictures to video? What video signal does the card use?

VD-1? Never heard of that. What is it?

--
------------------------------------
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham) (02/14/90)

The Mimetics FrameBuffer retails for about $750 w/FrameCapture chipset
installed (you'll need to install 1MEG on the board as well)...it has BNC
video input and output...no RGB.  If you're going out to a good TV/Moniter,
the pictures look nice, although the colors are a little *BRIGHT*.  The VD-1
is similar to this one, but is an external box that plugs into your parallel
port...it retails for about $1000.

If you plan on using one of these, make sure you have atleast 2MB, and a
program that can generate 21-24bit pictures (Scupt, TSilver, D-View, etc.)

Sean

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) (02/15/90)

Ah, about RGBExchange, It's 150k ZOOed so a UUENCODED version sent over the
net mail system would be impossible.  Call my BBS # below and download it if
you can because I can't send it over the net.  If you wish, I can mail it to
you on disk if you send me a disk and a return mailer.

-- Bob

InterNet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com          |       ProLine: bobl@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl          |        CServe: 70347,2344
ARPA/DDN: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil |  Amer. Online: Graphics3D
            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854