[comp.sys.amiga] A1000 trade-in

kjohn@richp1.UUCP (John K. Counsulatant) (08/20/88)

Forgot to mention in my last posting.  Please EMail me your pleads for
A1000 --> A2000.  I am writing CA and would like to send them  a list of
names in addition to my letter.  For those that forgot to send in THEIR
LETTER to CA the address is:

	Commodore Marketing
	1200 Wilson Drive
	Westchester, PA  19380

My suggestion is to beg a lot, cry a little, wave the Amiga flag, and if
all else fails wave some $$$ under their noses :-) !

I proposed to them that if the A2000 trade up is not possible, that an A2500
trade up (provided the A2500 comes to the US marketplace :-) would be even
better.  Let me know which side of the fence you sit on (EMail only please).

I can be reached at:

RealTime (prefered):  1(312)418-1236  (6pm to 10:30pm central time)

USmail:               John Kjellman
                      17302 Park Ave.
                      Lansing IL 60438

E-Mail:                kjohn@richp1.UUCP

--
| Amiga ///    | Being a consultant, none of my opions represent anything real |
|  Man /// 500 | or imaginary, except maybe my own opions, but then again .... |
|  \\\/// 1000 +---------------------------------------------------------------+
|   \XX/  2000 | "I didn't do it, it must be a bug in the operating system."   |

labc-1cc@e260-1f.berkeley.edu (Alvin Williams) (02/13/90)

>>In article <2286@ucqais.uc.edu> you write:
>>
>>Well folks, Commodore is finally trying to orphan the A-1000.  They
>>have reinstituted the A-1000 trade in towards a A-2000 deal.  Here
>>are the prices.

>>A2000              $1139         (educational discount)
>- >Your A-1000 plus $999 for a 2000
>You save            $140

>>A2000HD             $1619        (educational discount)
>- >Your A-1000 plus $1599 for a 2000HD
>You save              $20
>
>>A2500/30            $2819        (educational discount)
>- >Your A-1000 plus $2999 for a 2500/30
>You loose           -$180

>The above figures sure don't look to good do they?  Well tell you what I'm
>gonna do.  If anyone wants to take advantage of this deal, I'll do one
>better.  I'll give you $200 for your A1000 (provided it works) and you
>give me the educational discount price.  I'll use my student status to
>buy the machines under the discount plan and have it sent to you.  Good
>deal don't you think. You get a better deal than Commodore will give you
>and I'll get an Amiga. :-)

I'll give you the same deal.

--
Dave Williams                         Usenet:  davecs@ocf.berkeley.edu
                                               c9b-bh@dorothy.berkeley.edu

labc-1cc@e260-1f.berkeley.edu (Alvin Williams) writes (4 TIMES!!!!):
|>The above figures sure don't look to good do they?  Well tell you what I'm
|>gonna do.  If anyone wants to take advantage of this deal, I'll do one
|>better.  I'll give you $200 for your A1000 (provided it works) and you
|>give me the educational discount price.  I'll use my student status to
|>buy the machines under the discount plan and have it sent to you.  Good
|>deal don't you think. You get a better deal than Commodore will give you
|>and I'll get an Amiga. :-)

|I'll give you the same deal.

You can't legally do this Alvin. You have to sign an agreement that the
system you buy at the Educational discount is for your own use and that
you won't resell it for a period of 2 years (or maybe it was 1 year).

Even if you did this on the sly, I doubt CBM would let you buy more than
one system without getting suspicious.

--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
sparks@corpane.UUCP <><><><><><><><><><><> D.I.S.K. ph:502/968-5401 thru -5406