[comp.sys.amiga] CAOS - original Amiga operating system

C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) (02/15/90)

In article <555.25d6ea76@uoft02.utoledo.edu>, grx1042@uoft02.utoledo.edu (Steve
Snodgrass) writes:
>There is a good article on CAOS (how I wish our OS was named that!) in Amiga
>Transactor, Vol 1, Issue 1.  Of course, this probably doesn't help you much
>considering that this is a two year old magazine issue. It was written by Andy
>Finkel at Commodore.  In many ways CAOS is similar to AmigaDOS, but of course
>there are differences.  Perhaps someone (at Commodore?) has a softcopy of this
>article?

If Andy Finkel wrote the article, maybe he'd be willing to make copies
available.  On the other hand, he may have some sort of agreement with the
Transactor, or he may still get money from back-issue sales.  I really don't
have a clue as to what the typical policy would be.  Andy does read this news-
group so maybe he will respond; however, he may possibly be away at DevCon :-).

You could try mailing to him at cbmvax...I'm not certain of the correct
account/address (sorry).

1.RAM DISK:> type baird.sig
Baird McIntosh (2nd yr CS/Math major, University of Missouri-Columbia)
c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet
"Every multitasking system needs a talking clock..." -- Andy Finkel