[comp.sys.amiga] Ami-HD for Bridgeboard

KURS12%DHVMHH1.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (02/15/90)

Date: 13 February 1990, 17:41:31 MEZ
From: KURS12   at DHVMHH1
To:   amiga-relay@udel.edu

>From: casebolt%esdc.span@fedex.msfc.nasa.gov
>
>This has probably been beat to death on the network but I need some
info.

>Is there a way to partition a hard disk on the AMIGA side for the 2088
>Bridge.... and access it from the IBM side... I know it can be done the
>other way ... IBM disk on the IBM side mounted by the amiga side but I
>don't know about the reverse...

MUCH BETTER |
You can simulate an autobootable HD for the Bridgeboard by a file |
The new(?) Janus (Zaphood is the better name |) Software makes it
possible | The "MakeAB" Command creates a AmigaDOS-File simulating
any HD (with xxx Heads / yyy Surfaces / zzz BlocksPerTrack) on
BIOS-Level(|) so (nearly) all MS-DOS-Utilities (like PCtools) think
they control a real HD.
I think it's a very nice Idea not to use a partion, but a (well, real
great) file, so you can use your own Backup-Tools for both AMI & PC,
and you needn't reformat your HD just increasing your PC-HD-Space
(well you have to recreate this File by MakeAB, but...).
Contact your local Commodore-Dealer (for an update).

 Walter Mildenberger <Kurs12@DHVMHH1.Bitnet>