[comp.sys.amiga] Rejuvinator UPDATE - somewhat COMMERCIAL I guess?

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) (02/06/90)

Spent about 9 hours with Greg Tibbs Saturday night, and have some
info to pass on.

We will tentatively be at AmiExpo in Washington D.C. (March 16-18)
and will have board available at the show.  We should have
a booth under the name of Expert Services.

The board will be sold as 2 models.

1) A fully populated board (1 meg ram, 1-meg agnus chip, etc..) everything
but a new Paula and Denise chip for $499.95 (hey, the psychological
under an even number trick :-)).

and

2) a semi-populated board (no RAM nor Agnus chip) for $350.

We should have about 25-50 completed boards and about 50-100
kits (that can very quickly be converted :-)).

Stay tuned for more details...

George

--
UUCP:  ucqais.uc.edu!ggibeau  BBS: (513) 721-7977  GT NODE: 006/005
US Snail-Dept of Biology ML 06, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221

kamidon@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Keith Amidon) (02/06/90)

The info about the Rejuvinator project here is very intersting to
me because I have an A1000 with LUCAS/FRANCES an 80Meg HD, an Insider
board, and a bunch of my own hacks, all mounted inside an AT Tower
case.  There is no way I could upgrade to a 2000 now without losing
A LOT of money.  Anyway, my question is: With the current thread
about 1.4 using 512K of ROM for kickstart, will the Rejuvinator
be able to handle this?  If I remember correctly, it was originally
going to be designed to include ROM sockets like those in a 500 or
2000, which means it should work, right?  Did this actually happen?

                          Thanks, Keith Amidon

addison@pollux.usc.edu (Richard Addison) (02/06/90)

In article <2291@ucqais.uc.edu> ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) writes:
>1) A fully populated board (1 meg ram, 1-meg agnus chip, etc..) everything
>but a new Paula and Denise chip for $499.95 (hey, the psychological
>under an even number trick :-)).

I wonder what the market will really be like for this?  Anyway, is there
still time to consider making this board work with 512K ROMs?  Maybe it
already will.  According to a recent posting, Kickstart 1.4 will require
512K of ROM.  Although there is an upgrade offer (at least for some
owners) not everyone will be able to take advantage of it while it
is available.

--Rich

eas3714@ultb.isc.rit.edu (E.A. Story) (02/07/90)

I'm curious about one of the aspecs of the Rejuvinator Board.. will it
allow the 1000 to accept a 512k kickstart ROM? or will we be stuck with
1.3 for the rest of eternity.

Ezra Story
EAS3714@ultb.isc.rit.edu

costello@eplrx7.uucp (Tim Costello) (02/09/90)

From article <2120@ultb.isc.rit.edu>, by eas3714@ultb.isc.rit.edu (E.A. Story):
> I'm curious about one of the aspecs of the Rejuvinator Board.. will it
> allow the 1000 to accept a 512k kickstart ROM? or will we be stuck with
> 1.3 for the rest of eternity.
>
> Ezra Story
> EAS3714@ultb.isc.rit.edu

From the horses mouth, as posted to Compuserve:

    07-Feb-90  23:53:44
Sb: #Rejuv. & 512K ROM
Fm: Gregory B. Tibbs 73767,456
To: Tim Costello 76117,71 (X)

The ROM should work. It was designed to the same specs as the A2000 ROM socket.
No mods are necessary other than changing the ROM.

---

	Notice this message contains his CIS usernumber.  Some of you might
try sending him mail directly.
--
Tim Costello
Du Pont

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) (02/12/90)

In article <22689@usc.edu>, addison@pollux.usc.edu (Richard Addison) writes:
> In article <2291@ucqais.uc.edu> ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) writes:
> I wonder what the market will really be like for this?  Anyway, is there
> still time to consider making this board work with 512K ROMs?  Maybe it
> already will.  According to a recent posting, Kickstart 1.4 will require
> 512K of ROM.  Although there is an upgrade offer (at least for some
> owners) not everyone will be able to take advantage of it while it
> is available.
> --Rich

The Rejuvenator WILL accept 512K ROMs if indeed 1.4 requires
them.  It will be interesting to note what kind of goodies
we would get in 512K.  Could it be that many of the now disk resident
commands will be moved into ROMs?  Oh boy, just like an IBM only
better.  Maybe we can call it amiga.com (GRIN).

Regards,
    George

p.s.

--

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) (02/15/90)

keith> The info about the Rejuvinator project here is very intersting to
keith> me because I have an A1000 with LUCAS/FRANCES an 80Meg HD, an Insider
keith> board, and a bunch of my own hacks, all mounted inside an AT Tower
keith> case.  There is no way I could upgrade to a 2000 now without losing
keith> A LOT of money.  Anyway, my question is: With the current thread
keith> about 1.4 using 512K of ROM for kickstart, will the Rejuvinator
keith> be able to handle this?  If I remember correctly, it was originally
keith> going to be designed to include ROM sockets like those in a 500 or
keith> 2000, which means it should work, right?  Did this actually happen?

Yes, the Rejuvinator has a ROM socket designed to A500/2000 specs.

					--M
--
__  Michael Portuesi	Silicon Graphics Computer Systems
\/  portuesi@sgi.com	Entry Systems Division -- Engineering

    "Why you?  Because you're Electro-Cop, the best there is."