[comp.sys.amiga] Disksalv Question

In article <9748@baldrick.udel.EDU> detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) writes:

>...This all works fine until I encounter a read/write error.  I use disksalv
>1.42 to recover.  If I use DISKSALV DF1: DF0: everything seems to work fine,
>but if I just want to recover the number files, it can't seem to find them.
>I use DISKSALV DF1: DF0: FILE 4* (or 43101).

Didn't I answer this one awhile ago?  In any case, what you want here is:

	DiskSalv DF1: DF0: FILE 4#?

The "*" character means "#?" in some systems, but it's not standard AmigaDOS
speak.  I don't expect there should be any trouble with numeric filenames
as long as the Lattice startup code isn't mucking with them before DiskSalv gets
the string.

--
Dave Haynie Commodore-Amiga (Systems Engineering) "The Crew That Never Rests"
                    Too much of everything is just enough