[comp.sys.amiga] Autobooting a 2090.

In article <4509@orion.cf.uci.edu> eapu030@orion.oac.uci.edu (Jason Goldberg) writes:
>In article <Jan.31.11.12.14.1990.6013@elbereth.rutgers.edu> bartz@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Edward Bartz) writes:

>>	I understand that CBM has come out with a halfcard to autoboot
>>a 2090.  I have three questions.  What's the model number (I knew it
>>but can't remember)? Is it available yet?  What does it cost?

This thing is called the 2090B.  They made some a while back, no idea on
cost or availabilty.

>I havent heard of a CBM product to auto-boot the 2090 while there is a
>third party device to do it.

A German company makes one, which they claim also have an improved driver
for the 2090 in it.  I saw this at last week's DevCon; at the very least,
it does autoboot directly from FFS like a 2091.

>An interesting side-note is that I have seen the 2090 auto-boot under Unix
>with no modification to the controller.

The A2620 and A2630 ROMs have the basic UNIX 2090 driver code in them, making
this possible.

--
Dave Haynie Commodore-Amiga (Systems Engineering) "The Crew That Never Rests"
                    Too much of everything is just enough