[comp.sys.amiga] INHIBIT flag

INFOLAB%ITOPOLI.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (02/13/90)

Hi net,
        In O.S. 1.3 there are new flags for sys:system/Format. Who knows
        what INHIBIT option does? I've tried it but it seems make nothing.
        I've seen INHIBIT as PARK option too.

Thanks in advance
                        Ferruccio Zamuner

/-----------------------------------------------------------------------/
/  -INFOLAB-                    pol88b::infolab (38.583)                /
/ Laboratorio                   infolab@pol88b.to.cnr.it                /
/ Applicazioni                  infolab@itopoli.bitnet                  /
/ Nuove                                                                 /
/ Tecnologie                    +39.11-88.88.71                         /
/ della                         INFOLAB - via S.Francesco da Paola 16   /
/ Informazione                  10123 TORINO (ITALY)                    /
/-----------------------------------------------------------------------/

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (02/16/90)

In article <10989@baldrick.udel.EDU> INFOLAB%ITOPOLI.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>Hi net,
>        In O.S. 1.3 there are new flags for sys:system/Format. Who knows
>        what INHIBIT option does? I've tried it but it seems make nothing.
>        I've seen INHIBIT as PARK option too.

It sends an ACTION_INHIBIT packet to the file system.  This tells the file
system not to accept any I/O requests.  This is why you get the 'DF0:BUSY'
on the workbench when doing a diskcopy or format - DF0: has been inhibited.

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)471-6436 =
  | o  |//     "I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal."
  ======               - Calvin  (to Hobbes)
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker