[comp.sys.amiga] Monitor losing the blue...

dg49+@andrew.cmu.edu (David A. Gillespie) (02/14/90)

First, thanks to the people who helped me out with my external drives prob.
The store agreed to exchange the AIR drive for a California Access drive and
everything's been great since (as you suggested).

Now, on to my next problem.  Occasionally, my monitor loses the "blue" in the
picture -- i.e. the white of the screen will turn yellow.  Sometimes it
doesn't happen for a long time (it's gone for a few hours without problems
before), sometimes it will remain blue-less, but usually it will go into
fits, flashing blue on and off -- it drives me absolutely insane.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here and what can be done about it?
It's an A2002 monitor, (running on a 500, if that matters), and has been
doing this for a very long time.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

pierre@pro-graphics.cts.com (Peter Altamore) (02/16/90)

Oh no.. that sound's horribly familiar.  You see I have an Apple RGB monitor
hooked to my 2000 and I got a custom cable from Redmond.  The cable doesn't
like any rough stuff and the soldering points like to come loose if there is
any (rough stuff that is).  So if I'm bouncing my leg off my desk or something
my screen would also flicker into blue.  You might want to check your cable
connections.. one of the soldering points might have gone south for one of the
color lines.

                        UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!pierre
                    DDN/ARPA: crash!pro-graphics!pierre@nosc.mil
                    INTERNET: pierre@pro-graphics.cts.com