[comp.sys.amiga] FTP sites and GOMF

jon@sun.acs.udel.edu (Jonathan R Deutsch) (02/16/90)

Can anyone send me a list of FTP sites that support the Amiga?
More specifically, I'm looking for the PD release of GOMF.
Any info would be appreciated.
thanx

---------------------------------------------------------\
---------------------------------------------------------/

new@udel.edu (Darren New) (02/16/90)

In article <7940@sun.acs.udel.edu> jon@sun.acs.udel.edu (Jonathan R Deutsch) writes:
>Can anyone send me a list of FTP sites that support the Amiga?
>More specifically, I'm looking for the PD release of GOMF.
>Any info would be appreciated.

I can upload it if you really want, but I woudn't bother.
So far I have NEVER, EVER had it catch a single error in any of
my or anybody else's programs, except the ones it came with.
Not once.      Ever.

I wonder if GOMF 3.0 does any better?         -- Darren

phoenix@ms.uky.edu (R'ykandar Korra'ti) (02/16/90)

In article <11253@nigel.udel.EDU> new@udel.edu (Darren New) writes:
>In article <7940@sun.acs.udel.edu> jon@sun.acs.udel.edu (Jonathan R Deutsch) writes:
>>More specifically, I'm looking for the PD release of GOMF.
>>Any info would be appreciated.
>So far I have NEVER, EVER had it catch a single error in any of
>my or anybody else's programs, except the ones it came with.

     On the other hand, both Angela and I use it when working with Lattice C,
and it has saved us many, many reboots. It doesn't always work, by any means,
but it does catch about 80-90% of the Really Ctoopid Mistake (the kind I
make a lot :-) )-based crashes.
                                                 - R'ykandar.
--
| R'ykandar Korra'ti | Editor, LOW ORBIT | PLink: Skywise | CIS 72406,370 |
| Elfinkind, Unite! | phoenix@ms.uky.edu | phoenix%ms.uky.edu@ukcc.bitnet |

hgm@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Hal G. Meeks) (02/17/90)

In article <11253@nigel.udel.EDU> new@udel.edu (Darren New) writes:
>In article <7940@sun.acs.udel.edu> jon@sun.acs.udel.edu (Jonathan R Deutsch) writes:
>>Can anyone send me a list of FTP sites that support the Amiga?
>>More specifically, I'm looking for the PD release of GOMF.
>>Any info would be appreciated.
>
>I can upload it if you really want, but I woudn't bother.
>So far I have NEVER, EVER had it catch a single error in any of
>my or anybody else's programs, except the ones it came with.
>Not once.      Ever.
>
>I wonder if GOMF 3.0 does any better?         -- Darren

I've been using Xoper2.2 to kill errant processes, and so far it has worked
well enough for me to clean up work in progress. I've never been terribly
impressed with GOMF1.0, and found that it at times caused more problems than
it solved. I've heard (but not witnessed first hand) that 3.0 is somewhat
more useful, but still not 100%.

Advice: find out what is causing the GURU, and take whatever steps are
necessary to avoid it. If it is a commercial program, then call tech support
for the program's distributor, and let them know what is happening. Be
specific.

If GOMF3.0 works as advertised, it would still be a curse instead of a
godsend, in the long term. It is always better to fix the source of the problem
than apply a bandaid.

--hal

--
hgm@ccvr1.ncsu.edu        "Those that won't innovate, litigate"

cs03513@athena.csus.edu (Jerry Garcia) (02/17/90)

I have GOMF 1.0 and it catches alot of errors.  I would say about 80%.
It is the PD version and I am satisified with it.
						Jerry