[comp.sys.amiga] I may be selling my A2000: Probing the Market

sutherla@qtp.ufl.edu (scott sutherland) (02/17/90)

	Now that the Educational Discount is here and I will be a
student for just 5-6 more months (I hope ;^)), I am considering
an upgrade from my A2000 to a A2500/30, since I use WP 5.1 a lot
and I still LOVE my Amy.  I have 2 options:  Just buy the additional
stuff under the educational discount to make MY A2000 an A2500/30,
or buy an A2500/30 NEW under the same discount.  I added up the
prices for these 2 options and found that they are the same within
$100 or so, if you consider that I'd have to not only get the A2091
w/40 Mg HD, 68030 board, and AT card, but the 1.3 ROMS and the New
1 Meg Agnus (Is the new Denise in the 2500/30's?  If so, add that
too).  And, if I get the entire system, I get a brand new A2000 body,
the stereo 1084 monitor (to replace my 2002), new keyboard, and
new mouse.  So, I am considering purchasing the "total package".  Now,
the only way I can do this right now is to get a computer loan from
my local credit union.  However, they are pretty stingy these days, so
I think that the only way I can get the loan for the $4000 or so, after
taxes, to get this thing is to put down some money of my own to
make the amount I have to ask for as a loan less.  Being a poor graduate
student, the only way I can see to do this is to sell my A2000. ;^(
So, I will approach my credit union sometime next week to see if this
is feasible.  If so, I will try to sell my A2000.  What I want to do
now is to see what a reasonable price would be.  My system is:

	A plain A2000 w/ 1 Meg RAM.
	2002 color monitor.
	Keyboard.
	Mouse.
	I may throw in some games I do not use, but
	these will not add to the cost.

Now, according to the educational discount information posted to the net,
the cost of this system is $1500 NEW (this is the discount price.).  The
list price is ~$2000.  This is what I paid for it.  So, I want to know, IF
I DO OFFER IT FOR SALE, would anyone out there be interested in if for
$1200???  This is $300 less than the Ed. Disc. price and $800 less than
the list price, a really good deal for someone who is NOT a student!!! ;^)
 I have used it sparingly over the last 2 years and have had NO problems at
all.  The disk drives have had routine cleaning done by an authorized dealer
twice.  The monitor is in perfect shape, with none of the popping or snapping
sounds you might hear on an older monitor which is going bad.

	I hope that, since I would be selling my Amiga 2000 BUT staying
in the Amiga community (Love my Amy!! ;^)), that I could get some offers
for the A2000 at this price.  Even if you do not want it, if you know of
someone who would, pass this info on.  This money is going to a good cause:
PURCHASING MORE AMIGAS!!  ;^) :*)

Thanks.

Scott Sutherland
sutherla@qtp.ufl.edu

dbuchtal@math.lsa.umich.edu (Dave Buchthal) (02/17/90)

In article <911@orange9.qtp.ufl.edu> sutherla@sutherla@qtp.ufl.edu (scott sutherland) writes:

>	Now that the Educational Discount is here and I will be a
>too).  And, if I get the entire system, I get a brand new A2000 body,
>the stereo 1084 monitor (to replace my 2002), new keyboard, and

Ok, I have a friend who just bought a new Amiga under the Educational
Discount.  The monitor that accompanied the system was NOT a
stereo monitor.  I believe you get the 1084D.  Sorry.

Dave Buchthal