[comp.sys.amiga] Wanted: Amiga-related BBSes list in DC area.

11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET ("Timothy Stark ", Picard) (02/17/90)

Hello Amiga Users!!

    I am looking for Amiga-related BBSes in DC area. Does anyone have a
list of their phone numbers?? Can you send me a list of that? If so,
I would appericate that! Thanks!!!

    I have the Amiga BBS list last year but it is outdated because most
BBSes are gone. I lost my favorite BBSes in DC! Help!!

-- Tim Stark

Timothy Stark          Bitnet: 11tstark@gallua.bitnet People/Link: T.STARK
Gallaudet University   Internet: 11tstark@gallux.gallaudet.edu GEnie: T.STARK1
P.O. Box 1453, 800 Florida Ave., N.E., Washington, DC 20002
"Gallaudet University is the only university for the deaf in the world."

jbaker@gmu90x.gmu.edu (jbaker) (02/20/90)

11TSTARK@GALLUA.BITNET ("Timothy Stark ", Picard) writes:
>    I am looking for Amiga-related BBSes in DC area. Does anyone have a
>list of their phone numbers?? Can you send me a list of that? If so,
>I would appericate that! Thanks!!!

The one Amiga related BBS in the Washington DC area that I can recommend
is Hallucination BBS; the number is (703) 425-5824 (HAL-LUCInation).
It is running ProDoor (PCBoard) on a 386 with 230 megs and 2 lines.

It gets the BIX Microbytes Daily feed, as well as two other nation-wide
BBS networks, with more to come.  It is a GREAT source of information
(besides USENET!), especially as far as BBSes go.

It also has mucho PD downloads, which is of course the main reason I call. :-)
If you are willing to spend a little time learning the software, it's
definitely worth calling.

>Timothy Stark          Bitnet: 11tstark@gallua.bitnet People/Link: T.STARK
>Gallaudet University   Internet: 11tstark@gallux.gallaudet.edu GEnie: T.STARK1
>P.O. Box 1453, 800 Florida Ave., N.E., Washington, DC 20002
>"Gallaudet University is the only university for the deaf in the world."

John Baker
jbaker@gmuvax.gmu.edu