[comp.sys.amiga] Supra 2400zi

manfred@ramz.UUCP (Manfred Blum) (02/16/90)

I tested the modem with various programms. It doesn't work with x- or
z-modem ! When you start the transmission you first got a transmission
rate of about 600-700 Chars per second :-). The Problem is that the
modem0.device says "Writerequest ready" but buffers all the data.
This effect causes the z-modem protokoll to hang if an error occurs.
It can't syncronisize after that.
Now my question:
 Is it possible to put the modem in Non-buffer mode ? How ?

Thanx
	  Manfred

emcalc@sugar.hackercorp.com (William M. Schmidt) (02/19/90)

In article <1227@ramz.UUCP>, manfred@ramz.UUCP (Manfred Blum) writes:
> I tested the modem with various programms. It doesn't work with x- or
> z-modem ! When you start the transmission you first got a transmission
> rate of about 600-700 Chars per second :-). The Problem is that the
> modem0.device says "Writerequest ready" but buffers all the data.
               .... stuff deleted ...

On the other hand, I've been using a 2400zi daily for uploading and
downloading of data with no problem what so ever. The difference
may be that I'm using VLT (version 4.428), the fine public domain
comm program from SLAC. I'd suggest trying another comm program.

				-bill-

--
Bill Schmidt                 |
Texas Accelerator Center     | "Eagles may soar, but a worm never

antero.jussila@canremote.uucp (ANTERO JUSSILA) (02/20/90)

I own a Supra 2400zi and it works perfectly with all the terms I've used
so far. Zmodem is the protocal I always use, and I've never had any
difficulties. My Supra installation disk is at version 1.7 if that helps
you any. And my modem0.device is currently at 10544 bytes long.
---
 ~ QNet 2.04: NorthAmeriNet Windsor Hub ~ Windsor Spitfire BBS ~ 519-735-1504 ~