[comp.sys.amiga] Anything and ALL Wanted for X-Specs

schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) (02/18/90)

I just got a pair of X-Specs. I am interested in finding any software
(commercial and PD) available for use with X-Specs. Games, pictures,
animations, programs, etc. Can anyone help?

I am currently aware that the new version of Turbo Silver SV can make
X-Spec pictures. Also I have heard about a new program coming out called
Mondo Stereo for generating picture for X-Specs.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

			     \          /
			      \   \    /      /
Sean Schur		       \   \  /      /
				\   \/      /
USENET: schur@isi.edu		 \  /a\mpyr/
Compuserve: 70731,1102		  \/   \  / ideo
Plink: OSS259				\/

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (02/19/90)

In article <11930@venera.isi.edu> schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
>I just got a pair of X-Specs. I am interested in finding any software
>(commercial and PD) available for use with X-Specs. Games, pictures,
>animations, programs, etc. Can anyone help?

We have bunches of X-Specs stereo pics and 3 or 4 stereo games in our
Amiga libraries on People/Link.  A recent posting there was of a
stereo 3D "Lunar Lander" type game with sound effects where you fly
over a3  3-D fractal landscape.  Pretty slick.  It's
called LANDER3DX and I see from your .sig that you've got a Plink
subscription... just browse the libraries for the KEYwords
X-SPECS or XSPECS and you'll find all the glasses stuff we have online.

>I am currently aware that the new version of Turbo Silver SV can make
>X-Spec pictures. Also I have heard about a new program coming out called
>Mondo Stereo for generating picture for X-Specs.

Ah yes.. Mondo Stereo. <<sigh>>. I bought a demo disk of Perry Hoberman's
pictures (which indicated they were created with Mondo Stereo) at
Lion Kuntz' San Francisco Amiga Festival held last July to coincide
with the SF Devcon.  If memory serves, it was A-Squared who was selling
the disk.

A few months later I started phoning A-Squared to get the lowdown on
Mondo Stereo: price, availability and such. I was told I'd be added
to a mailing list and notified when something happened. Nothing ever
happened.

About 2 weeks ago I started calling A-Squared again and got a recording
saying something to the effect that "we are experimenting with reduced
customer-support telephone hours and you can now reach us four hours
a day on Tuesdays or Thursdays, otherwise leave a message."  I've tried
reaching them during their specified hours on a couple Tuesdays and
Thursdays and their number is constantly busy.  Calling on their "off
days" I've left three messages, non of which have been returned.
o\ /o <---annoyed face

So as soon as I can reach a-live human at A-squared I'll try to get
the lowdown on the Mondo Stereo caper.  Far as I know they've never
released it, and I don't know if they're ever going to, or if someone
else is handling it, or if the demo disk is as far as it ever got.

It WOULD be nifty if some other developers started doing stereo 3-D
versions of their games.  The glasses are amazing things but there's
just not a whole lot of software to support them yet.

Harv
Plink: CBM*HARV

bear@bu-pub.bu.edu (Blair M. Burtan) (02/21/90)

>> In article <11930@venera.isi.edu> schur@venera.isi.edu (Sean Schur) writes:
>I just got a pair of X-Specs. I am interested in finding any software
>(commercial and PD) available for use with X-Specs. Games, pictures,
>animations, programs, etc. Can anyone help?

>> We have bunches of X-Specs stereo pics and 3 or 4 stereo games in our
>> Amiga libraries on People/Link.  A recent posting there was of a
>> stereo 3D "Lunar Lander" type game with sound effects where you fly
>> over a3  3-D fractal landscape.  Pretty slick.  It's
>> called LANDER3DX and I see from your .sig that you've got a Plink
>> subscription... just browse the libraries for the KEYwords
>> X-SPECS or XSPECS and you'll find all the glasses stuff we have online.

Is this stuff on any ftp-able system for those of us without PLINK
accounts?  Or could some kind soul upload it?

--
| bear@bu-pub.bu.edu                                  enge05c@buacca.bu.edu |