[comp.sys.amiga] Registration card-->Perfect Sound 3.01

C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) (02/16/90)

After filling out and sending my PSound 3.0 registration w/comments on the bugs
I had found, I received a letter from Customer Support acknowledging the errors
and asking for my aid in tracking them down.  "Sure, what the heck," said I as
I dutifully recorded a sequence of events that leads to the Resample bug in the
version 3.0 software.  I then sent this information to SunRize.  Well, wonder
of wonders, they sent me the updated copy of PSound for no charge.

Features/bug fixes of version 3.01 of Perfect Sound software:
  - resampling bug fixed; PSound will now resample samples >50k correctly
  - other, unspecified bugs fixed
  - numerical string requesters seem to work better
  - PD 'SOUND' program, 1990 version by R.L.Stockton, included in PD directory
  - acknowledgement that Perfect Sound software 3.0 and 3.01 do not work with
    AudioMaster II.  The ReadMe says that OXXI is modifying AudioMaster II for
    a springtime release that will work with the PSound software.

Continued problems:
  - I still can't find more information on the IFF instrument format and on
    SamplesPerHiCycle.  I am unable to get a majority of my samples to work as
    instruments in Sonix.  Does anyone from Commodore-Amiga have information on
    the IFF instrument spec. or ideas on this problem?  Help appreciated.

So, if you have 3.0 and experience bugs, send in the registration and/or a
letter demanding 3.01 (be nice about it, of course).  You should then receive
a free update (better be free, with bugs that blatant! :-)

Perfect Sound 3.0(1) can be purchased mail order for around $72 bucks plus
shipping.  If you don't have a sampler, it's a cheap, good, well-featured
package.  If you do have the hardware, look at AudioMaster II, too.

1.RAM DISK:> type baird.sig
Baird McIntosh (2nd yr CS/Math major, University of Missouri-Columbia)
c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet
"Every multitasking system needs a talking clock..." -- Andy Finkel

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (02/21/90)

In article <11244@baldrick.udel.EDU>, C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) writes:

>   - acknowledgement that Perfect Sound software 3.0 and 3.01 do not work with
>     AudioMaster II.  The ReadMe says that OXXI is modifying AudioMaster II for
>     a springtime release that will work with the PSound software.
>
> Perfect Sound 3.0(1) can be purchased mail order for around $72 bucks plus
> shipping.  If you don't have a sampler, it's a cheap, good, well-featured
> package.  If you do have the hardware, look at AudioMaster II, too.

I'm looking for comparisons/reviews of AudioMaster II vs PerfectSound 3.0. I am
looking to update my music software and/or hardware and am wondering what is
the best way to go. I have an orginal PerfectSound (probably v1.0, circa early
1988) that I have used both with the PerfectSound software and with AudioMaster
I. I only used AudioMaster I a couple of times as it was borrowed from a
friend and I don't remember it too well. It seems like the price is similar
for either going with AudioMaster II or updating the hardware also with the
PSound combination. Any opinions out there? Or should I just buy a Mirage!

						    Thanks,