[comp.sys.amiga] mouse question

oliver@johnson.cs.unc.edu (Bill Oliver) (02/21/90)

A quick question for all you Amiga experts.

I am thinking of buying an Amiga w/ Bridgeboard on the educational
discount program.  I wish to run applications on the Bridgeboard which
require a mouse.  Will I be able to use the Amiga mouse, or will I have
to hook up an IBM mouse to the system?  *Can* I hook up an IBM mouse
to the system?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Oliver

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (02/22/90)

In article <12153@thorin.cs.unc.edu> oliver@johnson.cs.unc.edu (Bill Oliver) writes:

>A quick question for all you Amiga experts.
>
>I am thinking of buying an Amiga w/ Bridgeboard on the educational
>discount program.  I wish to run applications on the Bridgeboard which
>require a mouse.  Will I be able to use the Amiga mouse, or will I have
>to hook up an IBM mouse to the system?  *Can* I hook up an IBM mouse
>to the system?

The Janus (BridgeBoard control software) 2.0 release includes mouse
emulation on the PC side using the Amiga mouse.  It is also possible if
you insist to connect an IBM mouse to the appropriate card plugged into
an XT slot, but this hardly makes sense with the new Janus.

>Thanks in advance,
>

>Bill Oliver

     Peter
--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com