[comp.sys.amiga] A1000 hard drive

garvin@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Michael A. Garvin) (09/08/88)

     Well, I got a 40meg Seagate ST251N, so now I'm looking for the SCSI
adapter for my 1000.  I haven't paid attention to the postings.  What has
anyone else had luck with?  I'm looking at the StarBoard II's adapter, and
possibly the Great Valley Products adapter.  Comments?  Suggestions?
Thanks for any help/hints...

Mike Garvin     NCSU Computing Center    Raleigh, NC
"A waste is a terrible thing to mind."   Instant Disclaimer: Add Politics

barrett@ektools.UUCP (Chris Barrett) (09/10/88)

In article <2148@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>, garvin@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Michael A. Garvin) writes:

>      Well, I got a 40meg Seagate ST251N, so now I'm looking for the SCSI
> adapter for my 1000.  I haven't paid attention to the postings.  What has
> anyone else had luck with?  I'm looking at the StarBoard II's adapter, and
> possibly the Great Valley Products adapter.  Comments?  Suggestions?
> Thanks for any help/hints...

I used the C.Ltd SCSI interface with the Adaptec 4000-ACB SCSI->st506/412
interface.  I haven't had a problem with it since I grounded the drive to
the frame ground.  I got the SCSI interface for $201 from Abel supply and
the Adaptec board for $89 from Computer Surplus in California.  The nice
thing about this is that you can hook up another drive to the Adaptec
board.  The Supra interface will also do the job, and it's cheaper than the
C.Ltd interface and it has a clock.  I looked into the StarBoard interface
but they were having problems with non Mac type drives at the time, and I
wanted to hook up other SCSI devices, not just hard drives.  At the time
C.Ltd answered all my questions, Supra gave the run around so I opted for
the C.Ltd.  Hope this helps.  Any other questions, e-mail me.

Chris.

{?????}!rochester!kodak!ektools!barrett

mohar@IDA.ORG (Mike Mohar) (02/22/90)

For sale:

	71Meg hard drive (84 unformatted-Fujitsui) with case/power supply
cabling and SUPRA SCSI host adaptor 6 months old. Ready to plug 'n' play.

	price: $700.00

Spirit INboard for A1000, 1.5Meg installed.	price: $300.00

Mike Mohar, mohar@ida.org
W: 703-698-0200
H: 703-671-0596