[comp.sys.amiga] Intuitive Technologies & MaxiPlan 3

cwroten@pro-graphics.cts.com (Christopher Wroten) (02/15/90)

<line eater>
Intuitive Technologies, which now supposedly handles MaxiPlan 3, seems to
have disappeared.  Their phone # 408-646-9147 has been disconnected.
I sent them $40 back in late December 1989 to upgrade from MaxiPlan Plus
to MaxiPlan 3.  Sent it registered mail too.  Some person named
'S. Henderson' accepted my original floppy.  Haven't heard a word from
them since then.  Have left a half dozen messages on their now-disconnected
phone machine.  I called Oxxi, which used to sell MaxiPlan, and they said
they had been told the phone number had been disconnected but that they
had no other information.

Can anyone shed any light on the future of Intuitive Technologies and/or
MaxiPlan 3?  Have I lost my $40?

BTW, their listed address is 1199 Forest Ave, Suite 264, Pacific Grove, Ca.

Please post replies on the net or send mail to CFW@S67.Prime.Com

Thanks.

Christopher Wroten, Prime Computer Inc, 500 Old Connecticut Path,
   Framingham, Ma. 01701     508-879-2960 x4336      CFW@S67.Prime.COM

 ProLine: cwroten@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!cwroten
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!cwroten@nosc.mil
Internet: cwroten@pro-graphics.cts.com

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (02/16/90)

In article <1507@crash.cts.com> cwroten@pro-graphics.cts.com (Christopher Wroten) writes:
><line eater>
>Intuitive Technologies, which now supposedly handles MaxiPlan 3, seems to
>have disappeared.  Their phone # 408-646-9147 has been disconnected.
Mike Lehman, Pres. of I.T., blames the disconnection on the phone
company not noting his phone bill payment had been received by them
so they cut him off.  He says this is all fixed up now and the voice
and BBS numbers are back in action, so try calling again.

>Can anyone shed any light on the future of Intuitive Technologies and/or
>MaxiPlan 3?  Have I lost my $40?
>
>BTW, their listed address is 1199 Forest Ave, Suite 264, Pacific Grove, Ca.

Still the same address.  Mike just posted the "UltraCard Plus Commercial
Browser" to People/Link last night (Weds., Feb. 14th) so he's definitely
still in business.

Regards, Harv
Plink: CBM*HARV
[no dumb signature yet]

acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (02/16/90)

In article <1507@crash.cts.com> cwroten@pro-graphics.cts.com (Christopher Wroten) writes:
><line eater>
>Intuitive Technologies, which now supposedly handles MaxiPlan 3, seems to
>have disappeared.  Their phone # 408-646-9147 has been disconnected.

I've gotten through to them several times although, I must admit, it was
to an answering machine.  I just tried their number and got a busy signal
so there's *something* at the other end of the line.  Keep trying their
voice line or give their BBS a try at (408) 373-4018.  I was just hooked
up to it last night so I *know* it's there.  The sysop gets on once a week
or so to answer mail.

I bought UltraCard from them in late Nov or early Dec and just received it
a few weeks ago.  There was a note in the envelope thanking me for my
patience and apologizing for the delay and inconvenience.  They're a
family business and I remember hearing that they had had a death in the
family or something like that.

As a final note, I received version 1.5 of UltraCard in the mail.  It
would GURU every time I tried to create a stack or even tried to access
some of *their* stacks!  I picked up version 1.7 from their BBS last week
and haven't had a SINGLE problem with it!  Am I a happy camper?  Well, UC
seems to be stable, hasn't crashed since I got 1.7 and works as advertised
so I guess I am.  I'm not too happy that the early version were so poor
and don't really think they should've sold it commercially until they got
the bugs worked out but, like I said, 1.7 has been rock-solid for me.

--
Tony Sumrall   responsible for VT100 2.9A (and 2.9 and 2.8a and 2.8 and...)
acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com <=> amdahl!pccuts!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (02/16/90)

>In article <1507@crash.cts.com> cwroten@pro-graphics.cts.com (Christopher Wroten) writes:
>>Can anyone shed any light on the future of Intuitive Technologies and/or
>>MaxiPlan 3?  Have I lost my $40?

     I ordered the update to Maxiplan 3 about 5 months ago. It arrived about
3 weeks ago. I have been using it and so far like it a lot. The bugs in version
1.9 that used to kill me regularly are gone. There are lots of added features,
the most important (to me at least) being the ability to read & write 123
compatible files, and saving the printer preferences with the file.
   If you haven't gotten yours in the mail yet you should call them and check
on it. They may have lost your order or something else horrible.

cmcmanis@stpeter.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (02/17/90)

In article <1507@crash.cts.com> (Christopher Wroten) writes:
>Intuitive Technologies, which now supposedly handles MaxiPlan 3, seems to
>have disappeared.  Their phone # 408-646-9147 has been disconnected.
>I sent them $40 back in late December 1989 to upgrade from MaxiPlan Plus
>to MaxiPlan 3.  Sent it registered mail too.  Some person named
>'S. Henderson' accepted my original floppy.  Haven't heard a word from
>them since then.  Have left a half dozen messages on their now-disconnected
>phone machine.  I called Oxxi, which used to sell MaxiPlan, and they said
>they had been told the phone number had been disconnected but that they
>had no other information.

Well I did the same thing you did, sent them my money and eventually
got a floppy with a little "addendum" to the MaxiPlan Plus manual I
already had. (Boy was I glad I didn't send them my manual!) Prior
to getting the update I got a letter saying that the earthquake had
confused things but they were straightening them out, please be
patient. Oxxi and Intuitive Tech are not on speaking terms as far
as I can tell.  I would guess you could ask information in Pacific
Grove for Mike Lehman's number and call him up directly.

--Chuck McManis
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: cmcmanis  ARPAnet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM
"If it didn't have bones in it, it wouldn't be crunchy now would it?!"

rickf@pnet01.cts.com (Rick Flower) (02/22/90)

In article <1507@crash.cts.com> (Christopher Wroten) writes:
>>Intuitive Technologies, which now supposedly handles MaxiPlan 3, seems to
>>have disappeared.  Their phone # 408-646-9147 has been disconnected.
>>I sent them $40 back in late December 1989 to upgrade from MaxiPlan Plus
>>to MaxiPlan 3.  Sent it registered mail too.  Some person named
>>'S. Henderson' accepted my original floppy.  Haven't heard a word from
>>them since then.  Have left a half dozen messages on their now-disconnected
>>phone machine.  I called Oxxi, which used to sell MaxiPlan, and they said
>>they had been told the phone number had been disconnected but that they
>>had no other information.
>These opinions are my own and no one elses, but you knew that didn't you.
>"If it didn't have bones in it, it wouldn't be crunchy now would it?!"

Well, I saw that a number was posted here (by someone -- I didn't write it
down at the time) for their support BBS.. I called it up the next day around
8:30pm (PST) and someone answered the phone.. I got kinda confused, thinking
that I had the wrong number.. So, I called up (without the modem) again and
asked if the number that I reached was in fact Intuitive Technologies.  The
person (a man) said that it in fact was and that he didn't say so when he
answered the phone, not expecting someone to call at 8:30 PM!  So, I asked him
a few questions and found that they were a little behind on the upgrades for
Maxiplan-3 due to someone in the family that died.  He assured me that the
upgrades would in fact be going out quickly from then on..  So, I proceeded to
send in my check..  I'd give the address and phone number that I had, but I
can't seem to find them currently..

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rickf
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rickf@nosc.mil
INET: rickf@pnet01.cts.com