[comp.sys.amiga] Snapping 1084 and Transactor article

FILLMORE%EMRCAN.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca (02/15/90)

I have the problem with my 1084 monitor where it snaps occasionally with
a jump in the picture.  I read the article about this problem in the Transactor,
and they suggested several things including using a high-voltage insulating
spray.  They also mentioned a spot on the bottom of the logic board which
suffers from arcing.  I opened up my 1084 to fix this and discovered that
there is a large flat sheet of metal soldered to the bottom - some sort of
shield - which makes it impossible to get at the spot they were talking about
in the article.  None of the suggestions they gave could be applied to my
1084 so I'm out of luck.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?
________________________
Bob Fillmore, Systems Software & Communications     BITNET:  FILLMORE@EMRCAN
  Computer Services Centre,                         BIX:     bfillmore
  Energy, Mines, & Resources Canada                 Voice:   (613) 992-2832
  588 Booth St., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1A 0E4   FAX:     (613) 996-2953

jal@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Jason Leigh) (02/21/90)

Some time ago some one said that they had posted that article
onto amiga.hardware; we had a slight problem with our system here
and so lost that article.  If anyone has a copy could you please
e-mail a copy to me at: jal@zeus.cs.wayne.edu

Thanx in advance.

-- Jason
--
:^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) ;^)   O^: (^: (^: (^: (^: (^: (^: (^:
:^)  Where the telescope ends, the microscope begins.		  (^:

mikeeb@sco.COM (Michael E. Bays) (02/22/90)

please repost to the net we
didnt get it here or anywhere else
i know of either.

thnx
michael

In article <1088@wsu-cs> jal@pandora.cs.wayne.edu.cs.wayne.edu (Jason Leigh) writes:
>Some time ago some one said that they had posted that article
>onto amiga.hardware; we had a slight problem with our system here
>and so lost that article.  If anyone has a copy could you please
>e-mail a copy to me at: jal@zeus.cs.wayne.edu
--

                //-n-\\			Michael E. Bays
        _____---=======---_____		The Santa Cruz Operation

klingler@faui55.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Andreas Klingler) (02/22/90)

In article <1088@wsu-cs> jal@pandora.cs.wayne.edu.cs.wayne.edu (Jason Leigh) writes:

>Some time ago some one said that they had posted that article
>onto amiga.hardware; we had a slight problem with our system here
>and so lost that article.  If anyone has a copy could you please
>e-mail a copy to me at: jal@zeus.cs.wayne.edu

I would like to receive a copy too.
  Thanks.

|           / / |             A n d r e a s  K l i n g l e r           |
|          / /  |		        W-Germany                      |
|         / /   |    UUCP: ..uunet!unido!fauern!faui55!klingler        |
| AMIGA  / /    |    Snail: Koehlerstr. 12, 8551 Hemhofen              |
|    \ \/ /     |    Voice/BTX: +49 9195 3730                          |
|               |    "The software stands between man and machine"     |