[comp.sys.amiga] demo problems

MSW@mplvax.sri.com (Mark S. Williams) (02/20/90)

I just downloaded the demos "seven-sins" and "solar" from xanth, and
they're giving me problems. Am I doing something wrong or are they just
messed up. The second object in "seven-sins" is very broken up, then it
crashes my machine (a 2000 w/3 megs, running demo from hardisk).
"Solar", a supposed 3-part demo, crashes my machine when an attempt is
made to go to the second part by clicking mouse button.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Williams
msw@mplvax.sri.com

840445m@aucs.uucp (Alan McKay) (02/21/90)

In article <KLSSGU@mplvax.sri.com> MSW@mplvax.sri.com (Mark S. Williams) writes:
[ ... stuff ... ]

>Any pointers would be appreciated.
struct Gadget* pgad;

how's that!?

>Mark Williams

Sorry, couldn't resist :-) :-) :-)

gsarff@sarek.UUCP (Gary Sarff) (02/22/90)

In article <KLSSGU@mplvax.sri.com>, MSW@mplvax.sri.com (Mark S. Williams) writes:
>I just downloaded the demos "seven-sins" and "solar" from xanth, and
>they're giving me problems. Am I doing something wrong or are they just
>messed up. The second object in "seven-sins" is very broken up, then it
>crashes my machine (a 2000 w/3 megs, running demo from hardisk).
>"Solar", a supposed 3-part demo, crashes my machine when an attempt is
>made to go to the second part by clicking mouse button.
>
>Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,

I got those demos sometime in January, and after running seven-sins for a
while my machine guru'ed and when it was rebooting, popped up a requestor
asking me to please insert volume DH0:  scary.  I had to fiddle with the
mountlist on my floppy and run disksalve, to finally get the thing to come up
and recognize the hard drive.  I haven't run that demo since, nor have I ever
run Solar which I got at the same time.  All these demos look the same to me
anymore, syncopated music, some moving objects and text moving/scrolling at
the bottom whose literary content looks like it was produced by a twelve year
old.