[comp.sys.amiga] AMIGA and LANDSAT

42adlgx@sacemnet.af.mil (42ADLGX) (02/20/90)

I have several questions that are really related to the Amiga, as I will explain later:

       1.  Does anyone know the data transmission rate for the LANDSAT system?  Specifically, the MSS
data?

       2.  Does anyone know the size of the data (in bytes) for a LANDSAT image?

       3.  Would a normal satellite dish, similar to the one used for TV reception, work to receive this type
of data?

       4.  Would it be possible to design an I/O device to work with the Amiga to receive and process the
data, at least to accomplish some pre-processing?

Any help on these questions would be appreciated.  I am researching a masters course project and this
information could prove of grat value.

Please send any answers to me EMail and if anyone wants the compiled data I will gladly forward any/all

Steve Brady
42 AD/LGX
Grand Forks, ND 58205-5000
Comm: 701-747-3108
AV: 362-3108

kvitek@pro-party.cts.com (Keith Vitek) (02/24/90)

I remember that there was an article for doing just such a project a few
months back in computer shopper... (a few months back may be a year.. will
check...)  but it was for an ibm...

will let ya know if I can find it... (gotta dig through a bunch of boxes...
still haven't finished unpacking...)

______

UUCP: ...!crash!pnet01!pro-party!kvitek
ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-party!kvitek@nosc.mil
INET: kvitek@pro-party.cts.com

Keith Vitek              | Voice: 512/852-1841     | I want my NeXT...
5914 LiptonShire         |    or: 512/852-1780     | I want my AmigaUUCP...
Corpus Christi, TX 78415 |  FIDO: 1:160/40         | I want ..........