[comp.sys.amiga] Projecting Amy's output

hb136@leah.Albany.Edu (Herb Brown) (02/19/90)

 I am interested in projecting the output from my Amiga onto a screen in
a classroom and retain sharpness and clarity. Has anyone successfully done
this? What equipment will do the best job? Thanks...........Herb

    Herb Brown   Math Dept  The University at Albany  Albany NY 12222
    (518) 442-4640     hibrown@cs.albany.edu    hb136@leah.albany.edu

sjm@sun.acs.udel.edu (Steve Morris) (02/24/90)

In article <2562@leah.Albany.Edu> hb136@leah.Albany.Edu (Herb Brown) writes:

> I am interested in projecting the output from my Amiga onto a screen in
>a classroom and retain sharpness and clarity. Has anyone successfully done
>this? What equipment will do the best job? Thanks...........Herb

I did it with a genlock and the composite input on a sony 1030q.
It would probably look better with RGB but I didn't have a cable.
One drawback, if you have to buy the projector, i believe that the
1030 is in the 5 digit price range.

I have also used a kodak LC500 liquid crystal display. It was difficult
to read the text, I am trying to make an RGB cable for it now to see if
that will improve it any. It sure beats trying to set up a 3 tube
projector for meetings.

Steve

msiskin@shogun.us.cc.umich.edu (Marc Siskin) (02/25/90)

In article <8297@sun.acs.udel.edu> sjm@sun.acs.udel.edu (Steve Morris) writes:
>In article <2562@leah.Albany.Edu> hb136@leah.Albany.Edu (Herb Brown) writes:
>>
>> I am interested in projecting the output from my Amiga onto a screen in
>>a classroom and retain sharpness and clarity. Has anyone successfully done
>>this? What equipment will do the best job? Thanks...........Herb
>
>I did it with a genlock and the composite input on a sony 1030q.
>It would probably look better with RGB but I didn't have a cable.
>One drawback, if you have to buy the projector, i believe that the
>1030 is in the 5 digit price range.
>
>I have also used a kodak LC500 liquid crystal display. It was difficult
>to read the text, I am trying to make an RGB cable for it now to see if
>that will improve it any. It sure beats trying to set up a 3 tube
>projector for meetings.
>
>Steve

  For our user group meetings (and some demos I have done for the local
Ed Tech group) I use a sony 19" monitor.  I forget the model number but.
it is in the series of monitors that have 5 inputs.  2 video, 1 8pin TV input
BNC RGB input, and a 25 pin "computer" input.  I use the cable I got from
Redmond Cable that connects to my Sony monitor (the international version)
and teh picture is excellent.  Also, when I need to project the computer image
I use the RGB loopthru connectors on my personal monitor and use the SONY 1040Q
projector in RGB Mode.

       Marc Siskin
       MSiskin@shogun.us.cc.umich.edu
       userhebe@umichub.bitnet