[comp.sys.amiga] Need better communications software

slc@hoptoad.uucp (Steve Costa) (02/25/90)

I'd like to know if there are any communications programs with
some or all of the following features:

   1. ANSI/VT100 capability

   2. Highly programmable keyboard, including the cursor keys.

   3. Able to send escape sequences from the keyboard (i.e.
      doesn't reserve the Esc key for its own use)

   4. Able to store and recall last line(s) typed

   5. Scrollable session log

   6. Able to drag down down lines from the session log

   7. Able to grab multiple lines from the session log
      and bring them into the Amiga environment (whether
      as files, clipboard, REXX, or whatever)

   8. REXX capability

   9. ??? Other convenient features ???

    Thanks / Steve Costa

martens@ketch.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) (02/25/90)

In article <10456@hoptoad.uucp> slc@hoptoad.UUCP (Steve Costa) writes:

>I'd like to know if there are any communications programs with
>some or all of the following features:

I'm a moderately satisfied Online 2.11 user; the following pertain to
that program.

>   1. ANSI/VT100 capability

Yes -- I use it daily.

>   2. Highly programmable keyboard, including the cursor keys.

I think so, but haven't looked at the docs for awhile.  My function
keys are all defined, though.

>   3. Able to send escape sequences from the keyboard (i.e.
>      doesn't reserve the Esc key for its own use)

Yes.  Actually, I can't imagine that any program would reserve esc for
its own use.  Certainly known that claoms to emulate anything.

>   4. Able to store and recall last line(s) typed

Not that I'm aware of.

>   5. Scrollable session log

Yes, but with limited memory.

>   6. Able to drag down down lines from the session log

No clue what you're talking about here.

>   7. Able to grab multiple lines from the session log
>      and bring them into the Amiga environment (whether
>      as files, clipboard, REXX, or whatever)

Yes -- capture mode.

>   8. REXX capability

Don't know.

>   9. ??? Other convenient features ???

User-defined macros.
Various file transfer protocols.
-=-
-- Jeff (martens@cis.ohio-state.edu)

With the rate of change in Europe, and the likelihood of NFL expansion,
will we soon see the Houston Oilers play the Kalingrad Eulers?