[comp.sys.amiga] Student Reps?

Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com (02/19/90)

About a week ago there was an article posted concerning a NEW program from
CBM for Student Amiga reps. I went back trying to find the article and I
cant seem to find it. Could someone point me to the article (maybe the
thread title) or better yet mail me the article that contained the E-mail
address to CBM? We have several Students in our user group who would LOVE
to help push the Amiga. I wanted to contect CBM for more info and the
needed forms. Thanks for ANY and ALL help! :)

	- Doug -

Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com

C503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Baird McIntosh) (02/20/90)

In article <27084@cup.portal.com>, Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com (Doug) writes:
>About a week ago there was an article posted concerning a NEW program from
>CBM for Student Amiga reps. I went back trying to find the article and
>cant seem to find it. Could someone point me to the article (maybe the
>thread title) or better yet mail me the article that contained the E-mail
>address to CBM? We have several Students in our user group who would LOVE
>to help push the Amiga. I wanted to contect CBM for more info and the
>needed forms. Thanks for ANY and ALL help! :)

  I posted the original article.  The information in it came from a letter
that was sent to a member of the Columbia Commodore User group.  I want to
reiterate (that seems redundant; should be iterate, i.e. repeat) that I am
in no way associated with Commodore or their Student Rep program, assuming
one exists.  Following my post, someone else followed up saying that this
program was not in effect yet.  Thus, I will not be giving out any further
info/details from the letter since I don't know if the program exists.  I will
give you the email address for Michael Levin who is supposed to be the in-house
student consultant in West Chester; ask him about the new ASOCC program:

              mikel@cbmvax.commodore.com

Also, if that address bounces, try:  cbmvax!mikel@uunet.uu.net

***NOTE:  You may be waiting awhile for a reply (so don't hold your toes...
                                                  ...er..nose...er, breath :-)

1.RAM DISK:> type baird.sig
Baird McIntosh (2nd yr CS/Math major, University of Missouri-Columbia)
c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet
"Every multitasking system needs a talking clock..." -- Andy Finkel

axjjb@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (02/21/90)

-Message-Text-Follows-
In article <27084@cup.portal.com>, Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com writes...
>About a week ago there was an article posted concerning a NEW program from
>CBM for Student Amiga reps. I went back trying to find the article and I
>cant seem to find it. Could someone point me to the article (maybe the
>thread title) or better yet mail me the article that contained the E-mail
>address to CBM? We have several Students in our user group who would LOVE
>to help push the Amiga. I wanted to contect CBM for more info and the
>needed forms. Thanks for ANY and ALL help! :)
>
>	- Doug -
>
>Doug_B_Erdely@Cup.Portal.Com
So would I!!!!...

Being at the university of Alaska, Anchorage..there isn't exactly a huge push
here yet.

bscott@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Ben M Scott) (02/21/90)

In article <1990Feb21.033111.6640@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> axjjb@acad3.fai.alaska.edu writes:
>-Message-Text-Follows-
>In article <27084@cup.portal.com>, Doug_B_Erdely@cup.portal.com writes...
>>About a week ago there was an article posted concerning a NEW program from
>>CBM for Student Amiga reps. I went back trying to find the article and I
>>cant seem to find it. Could someone point me to the article (maybe the

>So would I!!!!...

I tried mailing the 'rep' at both stated addresses and the message bounced.
I replied to the original poster and have gotten no reply.  I even asked
David Haynie and he said he's heard nothing about it.  I would kill (a Mac
owner, anyway) for such a job... (hehe) but it seems that it's a vapor-job
so far!

.                              <<<<Infinite K>>>>

The Video Toaster is the technology of the future!
Always has been.  Always will be.  (to paraphrase a fellow Amigan...)

In article <3312@pikes.Colorado.EDU> bscott@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Ben M Scott) writes:

>I tried mailing the 'rep' at both stated addresses and the message bounced.
>I replied to the original poster and have gotten no reply.  I even asked
>David Haynie and he said he's heard nothing about it.  I would kill (a Mac
>owner, anyway) for such a job... (hehe) but it seems that it's a vapor-job
>so far!
>
>.                              <<<<Infinite K>>>>
>
>The Video Toaster is the technology of the future!
>Always has been.  Always will be.  (to paraphrase a fellow Amigan...)

	Michael Levine, the so-called head student-rep, emailed me a
reply to my message wondering if he exists. Basically, he is
responding to messages on the net but not Email. I've sent him several
and not heard a thing. (Mike, if you're there, your Email don't
work!).
	I didn't get mail bouncing, however. His address should be
mikel@cbmvax.commodore.com. BTW, I got the impression that this will
be limited to a few schools, not wide spread.
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
Compu$erve    : 70137,3271
Anyone giving away Amigas or Sharp Scanners???

amiga@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Boing) (02/24/90)

In article <1990Feb22.223405.22330@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
=
=	Michael Levine, the so-called head student-rep, emailed me a
=reply to my message wondering if he exists. Basically, he is
=responding to messages on the net but not Email. I've sent him several
=and not heard a thing. (Mike, if you're there, your Email don't
=work!).
=	I didn't get mail bouncing, however. His address should be
=mikel@cbmvax.commodore.com. BTW, I got the impression that this will
=be limited to a few schools, not wide spread.
=	-- Ethan

I have also tried getting email through to mikel@cbmvax.commodore.com.
There was no indication that it bounced, so when I got no reply I just
figured I was being ignored.  If it's possible, I too am interested in
receiving more information about this program from Mike.

				Aloha,
				Baron
-----
  //    boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!   //
\X/  								       \X/
uhccux amiga pd software | amiga@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu | amiga@uhccux.bitnet
  "just another peon"    | baron@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu | baron@uhccux.bitnet

In article <6727@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> amiga@uhccux.UUCP (Boing) writes:

>I have also tried getting email through to mikel@cbmvax.commodore.com.
>There was no indication that it bounced, so when I got no reply I just
>figured I was being ignored.  If it's possible, I too am interested in
>receiving more information about this program from Mike.
>
>				Aloha,
>				Baron
>-----
>  //    boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!   //
>\X/  								       \X/
>uhccux amiga pd software | amiga@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu | amiga@uhccux.bitnet
>  "just another peon"    | baron@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu | baron@uhccux.bitnet

	I don't think you should feel ignored. After the first message
I posted about not getting replies, he replied to me in person saying
that he had had some problems. I'm really surprised he's taking so
long to get them fixed. Mike, if you're out there, what's going on? I
don't know, but you either have lost all your mail or you have many
megabytes awaiting you!
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
Compu$erve    : 70137,3271
Anyone giving away Amigas or Sharp Scanners???

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (02/25/90)

I too sent Mike mail and received no reply nor a bounced path.
I too would like more information on the ASOCC.
--
John  M.  Adams    --*--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!     //
Internet:  jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu \\ //