[comp.sys.amiga] Printing out Dyna-HAM pictures

okay@tafs.mitre.org (Okay, S J) (02/26/90)

>From: John Sparks <corpane!sparks>
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
[Misc stuff about Dyna-HAM taking over Ami]
>>So, I saved them with Digipaint 3.0 under a different name,
>>and then loaded them back in. Voila'! ...about 5 minutes later I got the first
>>one done, and it looked pretty darn good too. Especially at density 6.
>
>I don't know if what you call EHAM and what I am calling DynaHam are the
>same thing. I will assume it is so.

Hmmm...well, I'm assuming that anything over 320x200/400 is considered Dyna-HAM.
The images I was talking about are from (I believe) FishDisk 196 and are
384x480.

>At the 320 x 200/400 resolution, DynaHam works more like Sliced-HAM
>(it just recalculates the color registers every scan line), so I am
>wondering if after you loaded in the EHAM picture, then saved it,
>might it not have converted it back to a normal HAM picture? at
>low resolution you would not have noticed the difference, except for
>a bit of fringing in normal ham modem, since Normal HAM and DynaHam have
>the same ammount of colors.

Nope, it didn't do anything to the size or resolution...they were still
overscanned and I could still scroll the pictures in all 4 directions to see
the corners.....I don't know exactly what happened, but since there wasn't
a change in the image, my guess was that a HUNK structure or header of some
sort was added to the saved file(s).

>What you could try for me would be to print out a Hi-res DynaHam picture
>(640 x 400 x 4096 colors).

Sure...I'll give it a try....I got some new Dyna-HAMs over the weekend and
I'll give it a shot.

>Or am I mistaken and you *were* talking about printing out 640 X 400?

Specifically the images I am referring to were HAM overscan images with a
resolution of 384x480. They were of a Honda Motorcycle, an F18, a white and
green jaguar at the starting pole, and a red Porsche 930 at an Auto show, if
those descriptions help you at all.

>--
>John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
>sparks@corpane.UUCP <><><><><><><><><><><> D.I.S.K. ph:502/968-5401 thru -5406
>Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away.
Stephen Okay
OKAY@TAFS.MITRE.ORG   Technical Aide, The MITRE Corporation
					"Never let reality stand in the way
					 of a good media campaign"

Disclaimer:Yes, you're right these are *MY* opinions