[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Student reps

okay@tafs.mitre.org (Okay, S J) (02/26/90)

>From:	MTR780::WINS%"c503719%umcvmb.missouri.edu%mwunix@mwvm.mitre.org" 13-FEB-1990 18:03:27.43
>To:	OKAY
>CC:
>Subj:	Commodore ASOCC program (Students read!)

>Date: Tuesday, 13 Feb 1990 13:03:35 EST
>From: c503719%umcvmb.missouri.edu%mwunix@mwvm.mitre.org
>To:  okay@tafs (OKAY at TAFS)
>Subject: Commodore ASOCC program (Students read!)
Since there has been a flurry about the Student rep program here on C.S.A.
recently and it also appears that this info hit the bitbucket on most peoples
machines, I'm reposting the article....Enjoy

-------------CUT HERE----------CUT HERE----------CUT HERE-------------------

> [...]
>considering the use of Amiga technology in their courses.  After
>consideration of each case, Commodore Higher Education Marketing will
>select and recruit Amiga Student On-Campus Consultants from among the
>submittals received from this survey.
>
>The responsibility of an ASOCC would include assisting Amiga users on
>campus (students and faculty), providing communication between the campus
>and Commodore, assisting with the placement of local advertising, and
>fostering a group of on-campus Amiga Computer users.  In return, the ASOCC
>will be paid a weekly stipend, receives discounts on Commodore equipment,
>and is provided with business cards and a laminated ID card.  They will
>have electronic-mail access to appropriate Amiga technical personnel.
>There will be no quota responsibilities and most of the promotional
>activities will be supported by area sales.
>
>The student consultant program is finally an opportunity for us to
>participate in the promotion of the machine for which we have such
>enthusiasm; bringing Commodore closer to the users in the process.
>Announce the ASOCC and educational discount programs at your user group's
>meeting and survey the members to find the university students.  Pass the
>student survey on to them and carefully consult others in your group to
>fill out the first user group survey and mail it in including any further
>suggestions you may have.
>
>I am a full-time student at Drexel University in Philadelphia and am the
>in-house student consultant at Commodore in West Chester.  I can be reached
>by mail or over the Bitnet as "MIKEL@CBMVAX.COMMODORE.COM" I think that
>this program is just the type of thing that people like us have been
>waiting for.  There's nothing like getting benefits for doing something you
>like to do anyway.
>
>[signed "Sincerely, Michael Levin"]
>
>end of quoted letter
>--
>Ok, just a few comments here.  First, there were a couple survey forms
>included with the letter.  If you are interested pleae mail to Mike and
>request full details and forms.  Second, while the letter states that you
>can reach CBMVAX via bitnet, I believe that machine is actually on the
>Internet.  In any case, I know the mailer here won't be able to send mail
>to MIKEL@CBMVAX.COMMODORE.COM.  You might try using the following address:
>
>        cbmvax!mikel@uunet.uu.net
>
>Surely some mailer-guru can reply here with better suggestions for getting
>your mail to someone on cbmvax.
>
>Disclaimer:  I am not associated with Commodore in any way save having
>purchased computers from them.  I post this information here in hopes that
>it will be beneficial to students/faculty who may read this newsgroup.
>
>o__  Baird McIntosh (2nd yr CS/Math major, University of Missouri-Columbia)
>|__   c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet
> |   "CS215:Systems Analysis = legitimate CS-requisite or death by boredom?"

Stephen Okay
OKAY@TAFS.MITRE.ORG   Technical Aide, The MITRE Corporation
					"Never let reality stand in the way
					 of a good media campaign"

Disclaimer:Yes, you're right, these are *MY* opinions