[comp.sys.amiga] Upgrade Power supply

sl195091@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman) (02/27/90)

Hello to all.  I have a simple question.  I want to get a new (my old one still
works fine, BTW) power supply for my 500.  I'm running only an external floppy
off my power supply now, but I want to add other things and I'm afraid of
ending up with a puddle of light brown (almost an almond...) plastic on my
desk because I pushed this wimpy P.S. too hard.  I've read many articles
about how the p.s. for the 500 sucks and want to upgrade SOON.  I hope to be
getting a Hurricane board/20/82, and god knows what else.  (I'll decide that
AFTER I win the lottery!)

Many thanx,
Andy

     *                     |      ////  "If it's not an  *
     *	Andy Hartman       |     ////    Amiga... to     *
     *  Indiana University | \\\X///     hell with it!"  *
     *                     |  \XXX/ 			 *
     *---------------------------------------------------*
     * AMHARTMA@rose.ucs.indiana.edu			 *
     * sl195091@silver.ucs.indiana.edu			 *

4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/27/90)

In article <37144@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, sl195091@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman) writes:
> Hello to all.  I have a simple question.  I want to get a new (my old one still
> works fine, BTW) power supply for my 500.  I'm running only an external floppy
> off my power supply now, but I want to add other things and I'm afraid of
> ending up with a puddle of light brown (almost an almond...) plastic on my
> desk because I pushed this wimpy P.S. too hard.

I have been using a 200 Watt AT-XT power supply on my Amiga 500 for months
and have not had any problems since.  I used to run 3 external floppies on
my old power supply, while it lasted.

Depending on what other boards that you want to add you may not need more
power because they come with their own power supplies.

I could not find another power cord so i had to cut off my old one.  I
just followed the output diagram on the power supply and the pinout
diagram from the amiga manual and it was no probelm connecting up. If you
are not sure what you are doing, don't even think about trying it.

john

amiga@uwo.ca    amiga@uwovax.bitnet     vectrex@ria.uucp