[comp.sys.amiga] LUCAS/FRANCES

warlock@pnet02.gryphon.com (J Richardson) (08/28/89)

'scuse me, I am familiar with the LUCAS board, but I am unaware of what the
FRANCES part is, can anyone elucidate?
Also, I have an Amiga 500, has anyone modified the pcb for the LUCAS to fit
within the 500's enclosure? I am interested in building the LUCAS but I would
like to keep it internal, I love hardware projects, I've built an Audio
digitizer and a midi interface both easy, and am working on a SCSI host. Has
anyone come accross some unusal problems with the LUCAS? thanks for the info
folks......

         \/\/arlock

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!warlock
INET: warlock@pnet02.gryphon.com

vincelee@tornado.Berkeley.EDU (Vincent H. Lee) (02/02/90)

In article <5666@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM> rickfor@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Rick Forrest) writes:
>I have a 500 and a Supra HD controller.  Anyone out there with a similar
>system with a Lucas in it?  I seem to remember there being problems with
>putting the top cover back on after installation of the board.  Anyone licked
>Rick Forrest                                                _____

As a matter of fact, I am buying a 500 and plan to place my lucas/frances
in it.  No chance of putting it back in the case though.

My solution:  Remove the 500 motherboard and place the whole thing in an
AT case, which also leaves lots of room for hard disks, etc.  I'll also
saw off the keyboard, of course, to make it detatchable!

-Vince

chet@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (eric j chet) (02/27/90)

Hello:

     If anyone has put a LUCAS/FRANCES board in your A500 please let
me know how you did it.  Any tips on putting the boards in would be
very helpful.  Please post to csa I'm sure there are a lot of people
out there who would like this information.

Thank You, Eric J. Chet -- chet@cis.ohio-state.edu

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) (02/27/90)

eric> Hello:

eric>      If anyone has put a LUCAS/FRANCES board in your A500 please let
eric> me know how you did it.  Any tips on putting the boards in would be
eric> very helpful.  Please post to csa I'm sure there are a lot of people
eric> out there who would like this information.

No, please post to c.s.a.hardware where this message thread belongs.
They'll be able to see this information there as well.

					--M
--
__
\/ Michael Portuesi / Silicon Graphics, Inc. / portuesi@sgi.com