[comp.sys.amiga] Help with C.

GWO110%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (02/20/90)

     I found the source an Apple II emulator in C.  Since I figgured that
 there would be reasonable interest for a port to the Amiga, I decided to
 give it a try.  It looked like generic C.

     I made a few simple mods and tried to compile.  Infinity cubed errors.
 The source file is over 100k.  My problem is probably one main thing.
 There is the declairation char MEMORY [65536].  Guess what that is.  Aztek
 didn't like that one bit, but I'm sure I can fix that.

     The part I am concerned about is one of them mass assigns.  It looks
 something like this:  MEMORY$F8 [] = { 0,0,0,0,179, ... }  The $F8 is new
 to me.  I imagine that is means start assigning at MEMORY[0xF800] but I
 can't be sure.  Anyone have any better ideas?

     Side note: the program was written for and compiled fine on my school's
 mini.  I can't make heads or tails out of it, but figgured it may find
 usefullness on the Amiga.

/*  "Come see the violence inherent in the system!"

      F. Michael Theilig  -  The University of Rhode Island at Little Rest
                            GWO110 at URIACC.Bitnet

                                        "Help!  Help!  I'm being Repressed!" */

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (02/22/90)

In article <11668@baldrick.udel.EDU> GWO110%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (F. Michael Theilig) writes:

>     I found the source an Apple II emulator in C.  Since I figgured that
> there would be reasonable interest for a port to the Amiga, I decided to
> give it a try.  It looked like generic C.
>
>     I made a few simple mods and tried to compile.  Infinity cubed errors.
> The source file is over 100k.  My problem is probably one main thing.
> There is the declairation char MEMORY [65536].  Guess what that is.  Aztek
> didn't like that one bit, but I'm sure I can fix that.

I don't know about Aztek but Lattice has a limit on arrays of 65533
when you use 16 bit integers and 4294967295 with 32 bit integers.
I guess you can do something like this

char *MEMORY;
MEMORY=AllocMem(65536,MEMF_CLEAR);

>     The part I am concerned about is one of them mass assigns.  It looks
> something like this:  MEMORY$F8 [] = { 0,0,0,0,179, ... }  The $F8 is new
> to me.  I imagine that is means start assigning at MEMORY[0xF800] but I
> can't be sure.  Anyone have any better ideas?

That was one of the first problems I had during the port of Abermud.
(I still haven't finished the port, but i solved the problem with $)

The solution is that the $ is a part of the indentifier and you could
discard it without any problems. ( just do it everytime it occurs )

>     Side note: the program was written for and compiled fine on my school's
> mini.  I can't make heads or tails out of it, but figgured it may find
> usefullness on the Amiga.

It seems that the Amiga compilers and the Unix compilers have some
differences in what's allowed in an identifier.

>/*  "Come see the violence inherent in the system!"
>
>      F. Michael Theilig  -  The University of Rhode Island at Little Rest
>                            GWO110 at URIACC.Bitnet
>
>                                        "Help!  Help!  I'm being Repressed!" */

						Karl
| Karl 'Dixie' Hultland |     email: d87-khd@sm.luth.se                       |
| University of Lulea   |          : {uunet,mcvax}!sunic.se!sm.luth.se!d87-khd|
| Sweden                | Snailmail: Mjolkuddsv. 63-5, S-95157 Lulea Sweden   |
|=======================| Voice nat: 0920-15479                               |
| Urbi et Orbi          | Voice int: +46 920 15479                            |
|=============================================================================|
|       If two people agree on EVERYTHING , one of them is OBSOLETE!!         |

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (02/23/90)

      I can't help you, but I do cheer you on.  As an Apple to Amiga convert,
I would be real interested in seeing an Apple // emulator on the Amiga with
drive support, etc....
                                          Later, and best wishes
                                      Jason
                                      jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc

glin@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (George Lin [900116]) (02/23/90)

There's a program for the Amiga that does Amiga-Apple][ transfer.
It's call Fruit-][-friends (or something like that).  The last time
I saw their ad was in either Amazing computing or INFO.  Maybe you can
try to write to them for help....

If you get anywhere with it, please let everyone know.  I'm pretty sure
there are many ex-Apple][ users out there who might be interested in this
program.....

GL

GWO110%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (02/27/90)

On 22 Feb 90 10:50:38 GMT you said:

>I don't know about Aztek but Lattice has a limit on arrays of 65533
>when you use 16 bit integers and 4294967295 with 32 bit integers.
>I guess you can do something like this
>
>char *MEMORY;
>MEMORY=AllocMem(65536,MEMF_CLEAR);

     I suppose I could give that a shot.

>>     The part I am concerned about is one of them mass assigns.  It looks
>> something like this:  MEMORY$F8 [] = { 0,0,0,0,179, ... }  The $F8 is new
>> to me.  I imagine that is means start assigning at MEMORY[0xF800] but I
>> can't be sure.  Anyone have any better ideas?
>
>That was one of the first problems I had during the port of Abermud.
>(I still haven't finished the port, but i solved the problem with $)
>
>The solution is that the $ is a part of the indentifier and you could
>discard it without any problems. ( just do it everytime it occurs )

     I was brain-dead.  I should've figgured that out.

>>     Side note: the program was written for and compiled fine on my school's
>> mini.  I can't make heads or tails out of it, but figgured it may find
>> usefullness on the Amiga.
>
>It seems that the Amiga compilers and the Unix compilers have some
>differences in what's allowed in an identifier.

     Not Unix.  We have Unix machines, they just don't let us use them.

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (02/27/90)

In article <760@tau.sm.luth.se> Karl-Gunnar Hultland <d87-khd@tau.luth.se> writes:
>The solution is that the $ is a part of the indentifier and you could
>discard it without any problems. ( just do it everytime it occurs )
>

>>     Side note: the program was written for and compiled fine on my school's
>> mini.  I can't make heads or tails out of it, but figgured it may find
>> usefullness on the Amiga.
>
>It seems that the Amiga compilers and the Unix compilers have some
>differences in what's allowed in an identifier.

The Lattice compiler does not allow $ in identifiers by default, but you can
force it to allow them with the -cd option to LC or LC1.

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)471-6436 =
  | o  |//     Got mole problems?  Call Avogadro: 602-1023!
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker