[comp.sys.amiga] Sentinel

	I've been trying to get sentinel to work correctly on my A2500
harddrive. I have everything in the same directory. To get maximum
memory I use Ctrl-D to stop the startup-sequence, mount the drive, cd
to the right directory and run hd_3_megabyte_version.
	In the beginning, the handle of the door doesn't knock as I
seem to remember seeing elsewhere. The door opens, you see inside and
something appears. Then the helmet scene starts and then there is lots
of flashing and noise. This is where the problem begins. After that,
something appears next to the shield/helmet. After it does I got
strange bands of color going horizontally across my monitor and the
screen goes blank. When I switched (quite quickly) to the workbench I
saw that the CLI window said "not an ANIM buffer". Any ideas? Thanks,
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
Compu$erve    : 70137,3271
Anyone giving away Amigas or Sharp Scanners???

rosej@sbsynchem.cs.sunysb.edu (John Rose) (02/27/90)

In article <1990Feb24.062612.2418@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>	I've been trying to get sentinel to work correctly on my A2500
>harddrive.
	<stuff deleted>
> Then the helmet scene starts and then there is lots
>of flashing and noise. This is where the problem begins. After that,
>something appears next to the shield/helmet. After it does I got
>strange bands of color going horizontally across my monitor and the
>screen goes blank.

This is the same place it bombs with my A1000 LUCAS/FRANCES combo. I have 4MB
installed on the FRANCES board. I have tried running the demo with the KICK
START not mapped to FRANCES since this sometime causes problems with demos
that make timing assumptions on how fast the KS routines execute. I have tried
both the 3 MB and the 3.5MB version and they both barf after the helmet rises
and rotates. At this point the screen goes blank (a black blank) and stays
that way until I reboot. Has anyone pulled this demo off of xanth and got it
to work?

	John R. Rose
	AKA rosej@sbcs.sunsb.edu