[comp.sys.amiga] Frame Buffers, Where the hell are they??

mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) (02/25/90)

In article <2614@sactoh0.UUCP> tbz@sactoh0.UUCP (BobM) writes:

>I have been using the Mimetics Framebuffer with Turbo Silver and
>Sculpt4D.  It seems that 24 bit Sculpt4D images still have bands
>while 24 bit Turbo Silver images are nicely dithered.  Is there any
>way to get rid of these bands?
>
>--Bob   ..!pacbell!sactoh0!tbz

I saw the Mimetics Framebuffer demonstrated many times at our user group,
various computer shows, etc, (about 2 years ago no less), but have NEVER
seen it advertised or announced as an available product. So, how come
we're getting all of these "oh my Mimeitcs buffer does so-and-so" messages.
Am I that out of touch with the Amiga market? And if so, are there other
framebuffers out there?

The lack of a good fb I feel might really be
hurting sales. "Oh here's a nice MackII image, 64 bits deep, blah, blah,
and here's an Amiga image in that HAM mode of theirs, ignore that funny
fringing effect. . ."

                                                      *** mike smithwick ***

"E Pluribus Unix!"
[disclaimer : nope, I don't work for NASA, I take full blame for my ideas]

seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham) (02/28/90)

Go to your local dealer and see if their distributor can get it for you...it's
been available (to us at least) for about 3 months.

If they can't, see about contacting Mimetics direct...

Sean