[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Spice

acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) (02/21/90)

Hi, I would be purchasing an Amiga pretty soon and was wondering where
I can get Amiga Spice and what do I need to be able to run it?

Thanks in advance...

(I am sorry if this topic has showed up already, but as I said, I am
new at this!)

Alex C. Liu                   | INTERNET: acliu%skat@usc.edu
Voice: (213) 749-2730         | BITNET: acliu%skat@gamera
Q-Link: Alejandro             | UUCP: ...!usc!edu

bn@attcc.UUCP (02/23/90)

* Written  5:39 pm  Feb 20, 1990 by acliu@skat.usc.edu in attcc.UUCP:comp.s.amiga */

> and was wondering where
> I can get Amiga Spice and what do I need to be able to run it?

me too, me too, me too!!! I need this program.

Bo Najdrovsky
UUCP:  att!mwood!attcc!bn
INET:  mwood!attcc!bn@ATT.ATT.COM

p554mve@mpirbn.UUCP (Michael van Elst) (02/23/90)

In article <22984@usc.edu> acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) writes:
>Hi, I would be purchasing an Amiga pretty soon and was wondering where
>I can get Amiga Spice and what do I need to be able to run it?

Amiga Spice is available on some fishdisk (around number 190).
It runs on 512k systems but with large simulations you should have
at least 1.5meg.

Michael van Elst
p554@mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de

bleys@tronsbox.UUCP (Bill Cavanaugh) (02/25/90)

Michael van Elst writes:
>Amiga Spice is available on some fishdisk (around number 190).
>It runs on 512k systems but with large simulations you should have
>at least 1.5meg.

I don't know what version that is, but I recently dl'd version 5.1, and the
executable is 450K.  I'm not sure how well it'll run on a 512K
system...<chuckle>

BTW, I didn't know what I was getting into with this program.  PLEASE don't
ask me any technical questions about it, 'cause it's >>way<< over my head!

     /************************************************************
     * Everything above is copyright me.  All rights unreserved. *
     * uunet!tronsbox!bleys         BIX: bcavanaugh              *
     * "The perversity of the universe tends to a maximum"       *
     *                              Finagle's First Law          *
     *                                 J. Pournelle              *

rxtgep@minyos.xx.rmit.oz (Glen Pill) (02/27/90)

In article <19000037@attcc.UUCP>, bn@attcc.UUCP writes:

> me too, me too, me too!!! I need this program.

Amiga Spice in on Fred Fish disk 278 (version 5.0)

and Fish disk 278 is available for ftping at
   mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu   (128.174.73.105)

umsmigie@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Jason Smigiel) (02/27/90)

bn@attcc.UUCP writes:

>* Written  5:39 pm  Feb 20, 1990 by acliu@skat.usc.edu in attcc.UUCP:comp.s.amiga */

>> and was wondering where
>> I can get Amiga Spice and what do I need to be able to run it?

>me too, me too, me too!!! I need this program.

>Bo Najdrovsky
>UUCP:  att!mwood!attcc!bn
>INET:  mwood!attcc!bn@ATT.ATT.COM

	Spice can be found on disk 278 of the Fred Fish library.

Jason
umsmigie@ccu.umanitoba.ca

wakres01@pa.usl.edu (Stelly John B) (02/28/90)

In article <564@mpirbn.UUCP> p554mve@mpirbn.UUCP (Michael van Elst) writes:
>In article <22984@usc.edu> acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) writes:
>>Hi, I would be purchasing an Amiga pretty soon and was wondering where
>>I can get Amiga Spice and what do I need to be able to run it?
>
>Amiga Spice is available on some fishdisk (around number 190).
>It runs on 512k systems but with large simulations you should have
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>at least 1.5meg.
>
>Michael van Elst
>p554@mpirbn.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de

The version of ASPICE (2.G6 I think) that I downloaded will not work WHATSOEVER
with any less than 1.5MB of RAM.  I could not even simulate a resistor and a
DC power supply with workbench loaded on my 1.5meg machine.  I had to boot
into CLI and stop before workbench was loaded in order to load the SPICE
program.  After it loads, it will simulate detailed circuits on a 1.5MB
machine, but I could not get it to work with any less memory.

John B Stelly III