[comp.sys.amiga] need ClockDJ version 4.07 or greater

vito@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (02/22/90)

I would like the latest version of clockdj.  There was 4.07 at an ftp
site in Hawaii but the archive was corrupted. Please mail it to me.

Thanks.

amiga@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Boing) (02/22/90)

In article <1412@darkstar.ucsc.edu> vito@ucscb.UCSC.EDU () writes:
>I would like the latest version of clockdj.  There was 4.07 at an ftp
>site in Hawaii but the archive was corrupted. Please mail it to me.

The archive is not corrupted (at least, it works for me).  When you are
unzoo-ing it, you need to specify the entire file name, including the
.zoo extension.  I think zoo is barfing on the "." used in the version
number.  Sorry about that, but rz/sz seems to misinterpret a "-" as an
option so I try to avoid that in filenames.  I suppose I should put this
information in some sort of readme file when I can find the time...

-----
  //    boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!  boing!   //
\X/  								       \X/
  uhccux amiga archive   | amiga@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu | amiga@uhccux.bitnet
  "just another peon"    | baron@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu | baron@uhccux.bitnet

In <27428@cup.portal.com>, FelineGrace@cup.portal.com (Dana B Bourgeois) writes:
>[see?  no line eater garbage!]
>
>I recently had a problem dealing with the MSH1.4.zoo that resulted
>from unsharing and uudecoding the binary.  So I renamed it to
>MSH14.zoo and then no problem.
>
>The moral is:
>	only one '.' in a zoo file.

Almost. Once you realize the way Zoo looks at files, it becomes easy to figure
out what to type on the command line.

Assume name is           Command line to extract all files
foo.zoo                  zoo e// foo
                         zoo e// foo.zoo

foo.1.zoo                zoo e// foo.1.zoo

foo.1                    zoo e// foo.1

All of the above will work. If the filename has no extension at all, there is
no command that will extract the files, since zoo will add '.zoo' to the
filename argument and look for that.  If there is an extension, and you specify
it, Zoo will not add '.zoo' to the name.

-larry

--
Gallium Arsenide is the technology of the future;
  always has been, always will be.

FelineGrace@cup.portal.com (Dana B Bourgeois) (03/01/90)

Dana Bourgeois @ cup.portal.com