[comp.sys.amiga] AnalytiCalc

gaspar@almsa-1.arpa (Al Gaspar) (10/12/88)

Recently I picked up a copy of the latest Analyticalc from a Fred
Fish disk at a local dealer's.  It appeared to be very full featured,
and I thought that it would do quite nicely for my minimal spreadsheet
needs.  However, since printing out the documentation, nothing has
gone well.  I can't seem to save a spreadsheet.  I get a Guru often
just calling up Analyticalc.  It is incredibly slow whenever the screen
is updated.  What gives?  Do other users of Analyticalc have these
types of problems, or do I have a bad copy?  Any thoughts and help
would be appreciated.  As it is, the program is totally useless to
me.

Cheers--

Al

--
Al Gaspar	<gaspar@almsa-1.arpa>
USAMC CSDA, ATTN:  AMXAL-OW, Box 1578, St. Louis, MO  63188-1578

EVERHART@arisia.dnet.ge.com (Glenn Everhart: 215 354 7610 (8*747 7610)) (02/26/90)

>Help!
>I have the Analyticalc public domain spreadsheet by Glen Everhart(sp?)
>on my 1 meg Amiga 2000.  But I haven't been able to get it to work.
>I've assigned DK:, and did the setmap as the instructions say, but
>when I try to run it, I get "ERROR 206" from cli (via Dillon's csh).
>ERROR 206 is "Invalid Window".
>*****   Michael Eve
>*****   Usenetpath: ssc-vax!eve

   Your problem is most likely that you have a version that assumes
a 640 by 400 pixel workbench screen (Analyticalc opens its windows
there). The new versions ask first and if you tell them you have
only 640 by 200 they size their windows accordingly.
   Reboot with preferences interlace ON selected/saved and it should
work. Alternatively get the newer version, recently u/l'd to
xanth.cs.odu.edu (incoming/amiga/ana*)
Glenn Everhart

bscott@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Ben M Scott) (02/27/90)

I am learning FTP, and am having some success.  However, this is mostly by
trial-and-error and I haven't really seen any definitive instructions on
etiquette and procedures.  I would like to know how to post/upload/submit
files to an FTP site.  Just as an example, last night I was on some system
or other (perhaps xanth?  not sure) and noticed that I had a more recent
version of a program than what was online there.  Should I just 'send' it,
or should I make sure to send it to a specific directory; do I leave an
explanatory message or Email the file to a specific person?

.                              <<<<Infinite K>>>>

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (03/02/90)

In article <3336@pikes.Colorado.EDU> bscott@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Ben M Scott) writes:
> I would like to know how to post/upload/submit files to an FTP site.
> Just as an example, last night I was on some system or other
> (perhaps xanth?  not sure) and noticed that I had a more recent
> version of a program than what was online there.  Should I just
> 'send' it, or should I make sure to send it to a specific directory;
> do I leave an explanatory message or Email the file to a specific
> person?

If it was xanth, there's a directory (growing much faster than I can
manage, but that's ok) called /incoming/amiga that you may ``put''
files in (don't forget binary mode; xanth doesn't enforce it on uploads).
The /README file contains who to contact about the ftp area, and a
local guru at your site should be able to help you as well...
	...tad