[comp.sys.amiga] Manx 5.0 arrives!

griffin@frith.egr.msu.edu (02/12/90)

In article <6704@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> Richard Moster writes:

>>that 5.0 was free to all 3.6 owners. OK, I got 5.0 and a bill that said $0,
>>$0, ans more $0's.  I have a hard time believing 5.0 is REALLY free and I
>>don't think 3.6 + SDB etc cost $110.00 by itself.  But, your discription of

>Since when is 5.0 free to all 3.6 owners????!!??  I just paid
>$75 for the upgrade from 3.6 to 5.0??!!??

Actually, the 5.0 update was free to all *new* 3.6 owners (ones that had
bought after 5.0 was announced or whatever).  I paid $80 back in May also
so Manx only charged Jim $30 for the 3.4 to 3.6 upgrade, not bad considering
he got to use the 3.6 update for almost a year anyway because Manx shipped
late.  ;^)
Dan Griffin
griffin@frith.egr.msu.edu		"We're waiting for Godot..."

phorgan@cup.portal.com (Patrick John Horgan) (03/03/90)

Manx 5.0 hasn't arrived here yet:(  I've been using Manx's compiler
since it came out, and have been paying to have continuing support.
( It's supposed to be $100/year, but they've not been charging until
they sent me an update...about a year and a half).  It's been a good
deal until now.  I felt quite happy about getting 3.6 for only a
hundred dollars.  I'm not to happy now though.  Everyone else is
getting the same thing as I, for less money:(  Not only that, but
they get theirs first:(  I called five weeks ago to see when my
upgrade was coming.  The girl on the phone at Manx said that yes
she could confirm that I was on the "automatic upgrade list", would
I like to be put on the list of people to have Manx shipped to them?
Upon being told that I would like to have a copy, she agreed to ship
it out to me.  Upon hearing that it would arrive in about two weeks,
I put it out of my mind and went back to work.
Today I called again to see why the two weeks had stretched to five,
and still no 5.0.  The girl I talked to this time assured me that
I was not scheduled to have it shipped to me.  Would I like it?
GRRRRRRRRRR!  Upon being assured that indeed I would like to have
it, she promised to ship it.  A week to ten days from now she insists
that I'll receive it.
I would have thought that after being such a sucker as to give them my
money to do with as they wish for damn near two years, the least they
could have done is ship me an early copy.  What ever happened to first
come first serve.  What ever happened to rewarding customer loyalty.
With Manx, if you're loyal to them they...well I won't say what I
think.  I need to be careful about what I post when I'm furious.  But
I really feel abused.

Patrick Horgan                           phorgan@cup.portal.com