[comp.sys.amiga] Bashing other computer manufacturers

In <119@caslon.cs.arizona.edu>, dave@cs.arizona.edu (David P. Schaumann) writes:
>I've noticed a large tendancy to flame against non-Amiga computers. [ ... ]
>
>My point is while it isn't necessarily bad to point out the areas the
>competition is lacking, it is poor form to wish them gone.  There is no more
>powerful motivation to better yourself than a strong competitor.

You are right. I henceforth wish them to hang around just on the hairy edge of
marginal profitability and suffer great agonies of indecision while we taunt
them and ignore their machines as 'unserious'.  Especially IBM.

-larry

--
Gallium Arsenide is the technology of the future;
  always has been, always will be.

dave@cs.arizona.edu (David P. Schaumann) (03/04/90)

I've noticed a large tendancy to flame against non-Amiga computers.  I would
like to point out that the success and prosperity of other computer
manufacturers has a direct impact on CBM.  Consider how eager they would be
to enhance/improve/upgrade their product if they were a monopoly.  But first,
recall that before Bell Telephone was broken up, the most amazing thing they
came up with was touch-tone.  And you couldn't even own your own phone.  Now,
there are myriads of options/gadgets to use with your phone (remember when
you needed a special data line to use a modem?!).

My point is while it isn't necessarily bad to point out the areas the
competition is lacking, it is poor form to wish them gone.  There is no more
powerful motivation to better yourself than a strong competitor.

Dave Schaumann
dave@cs.arizona.edu

One man with courage is a majority	-	T. Jefferson.