[comp.sys.amiga] MSH and mountlist

kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) (03/03/90)

My site suffered a disk crash, and so I missed much of what
has gone on with MSH.

Was there any resolution to the question of whether the
'Reserved = 0' line should be added to the mountlist
description?  MSH: mounted both with and without the line,
but without the line the disk capacity was shown as 721k;
with the line, disk capacity was shown as 720k.

Messyfmt (sort of) works for me.  It will format disks, but
an ancient copy of Dos2Dos (1.6) gives an 'MS-DOS read error'
with the messyfmt-ed disk.  This happens both with and without
the 'reserved' line in the mountlist.

Ken
--
Ken Steele   Dept. of Psychology    kms@ecsvax.bitnet
             Mars Hill College      kms@ecsvax.uncecs.edu

erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) (03/04/90)

>From: kms@uncecs.edu (Ken Steele) Message-ID: <1990Mar3.041521.21300@uncecs.edu>
>
>Was there any resolution to the question of whether the
>'Reserved = 0' line should be added to the mountlist
>description?  MSH: mounted both with and without the line,
>but without the line the disk capacity was shown as 721k;
>with the line, disk capacity was shown as 720k.

I've been setting Reserved to 2 for the simple reason that all other
storage type mountlist entries are set to 2. When I first tried mounting
*MS0:* I got a reserved not set type error return and it wouldn't mount.
(common knowledge by now :) Works fine for me now.

Anyway,,

I've got to say its a really nice program.
Thanks to the author.

--
 (ames att sun)!pacbell! ----> sactoh0!pacengr!americ!erk     Multitasking,