[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga HD

casebolt%esdc.span@fedex.msfc.nasa.gov (03/08/90)

From:	FEDEX::"amiga-relay-request@louie.udel.edu"  2-MAR-1990 18:22:27.61
To:	ESDC$SPAN::CASEBOLT
CC:
Subj:	Amiga HD

From: "art.l.todesco" <alt@cbnewsd.att.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.tech
Subject: Amiga HD
Date: 28 Feb 90 17:51:28 GMT
To:       amiga-relay@udel.edu
Sender:   amiga-relay-request@udel.edu

My son has an Amiga 500, presently with one external floppy and 1 meg of memory
(a 501 clone). I know that the hard drives that are usually sold for the Ami
are SCCI type, however, I have a good ST-506 (20 meg) gathering dust and was
wondering if there exists a controller that will work with this IBM extraction.
I also have a power supply for the drive/controller. Thanks.

Art Todesco
att!ihlpf!alt

One option is the Amiga 2090a controller. It will control the IBM ST-506 type
drives with no problems. It is made however to plug into the Amiga 2000
expansion slot. I have a friend that has an Amiga 500 with an expansion chassis
on his and is using the 2090a controller and all is well....

Richard Casebolt
BCSS
MSFC Alabama 35812
205-544-2966